Second fishing trip in my new truck

Dustin Chromers

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Given what I've seen them go for, I don't think it's in the budget any time soon.

It is criminal what they want. Anything sub 20k and under 200.000 miles in great shape is an ultra deal.

Divad

Whitefish
I have seen quite a few frustrated buyers for those trucks annoyed with various issues so I am glad you are enjoying yours, especially at that founders edition markup.

Some guy bent his mudflap and Tesla forced him to replace the entire rocker panel around the car, even though the mudflap portion was removable and had a separate part number. I find this a little funny for a company and consumer that preach green energy. Or how all the charging stations are not pull through designed and likely wont be, so towing any distance and having to recharge requires unhooking the trailer, charging, and re-hooking. Interior and exterior trim issues, steering wheel fatigue, lack of features compared to the base model S, a pillar sight lines, rearview mirror doesnt work because built in toneau cover blocks view, tailgate malfunctions, door rattling, etc.

I think the cherry ontop for me is that you cannot sell the truck...so you kind of own it I guess 🤷‍♂️

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
I am happy it's working out for you.

For me, my email with the cancelation of my reservation is something I'm going to cherish 😂

up2nogood

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
7.3 diesel excursion is currently my favorite rig I've owned. 19 mpg if I stay on the paved. Greener than my Ecoboost without the washing. Not to mention I can tow a house off it's foundation and the truck doesn't even know it.
Bought new a Superduty 7.3, drove it 16 years , did a great job , but no it would not pull houses off the foundation. Went to a 6.7 Cummins, that 7.3 was no where near that Cummins in towing power , yes I know I’m comparing apples to oranges. :p

I would probably still own that 7.3 if it had a bit more power . I did a few things to it , but short of different injectors, turbo etc. it was never going to be what I needed towing a fairly big fifth wheel .

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
Glad you posted. Will be curious to read more long term fishing/outdoors reports & photos. Seeing it out in nature is kinda awesome in an oddball way.

Cybertruck is not my jam for a few different reasons. But that doesn't mean it's not for others. I'm genuinely curious to see one in real life sometime and I would happily accept a ride in one to check it out.
I bumped into Matt at Desert Fly Angler. I sort of figured the Tesla Cyber Truck was Matt's as I remember him posting he was ordering one (or waiting for one). My son in law is a rocket scientist for SpaceX (working on Starship) so I'm intrigued by the technology coming from Tesla and SpaceX. I wandered around Matt's truck and went into the fly shop. Matt showed me the vehicle and its many unique features and then offered me a ride. HOLY COW, when he said "make sure your head is resting against the head rest when I take off", he wasn't kidding. My hybrid CR-V will (I think) smoke my 395 Hp Ram off the line but Cyber Truck is bloody well like being shot out of cannon.

I'm hopeful that EV technology continues to progress with newer and better innovations. I'm glad there are those out there who are stepping forward. We need to ensure there's adequate charging for EV's as I guess there have been some issues with charging station shortages. It takes time to get it right.

Good luck Matt, thanks for the ride! By the way, tell me about fly choice at that lake? //Pat

Matt Paluch

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I bumped into Matt at Desert Fly Angler. I sort of figured the Tesla Cyber Truck was Matt's as I remember him posting he was ordering one (or waiting for one). My son in law is a rocket scientist for SpaceX (working on Starship) so I'm intrigued by the technology coming from Tesla and SpaceX. I wandered around Matt's truck and went into the fly shop. Matt showed me the vehicle and its many unique features and then offered me a ride. HOLY COW, when he said "make sure your head is resting against the head rest when I take off", he wasn't kidding. My hybrid CR-V will (I think) smoke my 395 Hp Ram off the line but Cyber Truck is bloody well like being shot out of cannon.

I'm hopeful that EV technology continues to progress with newer and better innovations. I'm glad there are those out there who are stepping forward. We need to ensure there's adequate charging for EV's as I guess there have been some issues with charging station shortages. It takes time to get it right.

Good luck Matt, thanks for the ride! By the way, tell me about fly choice at that lake? //Pat
The fish are super shallow, so I went with unweighted simi-seal with a pheasant rump collar. Light olive has generally been the best color for me, but black and dark red are usually good too. I might hit the south end on Sunday.