Season Opener in Missoula

Coach Potter

Life of the Party
We open up our football season this Friday night at the University of Montana. I only live 2 hours away and I don't have to be at the stadium until 2:00 pm...JV plays at 4:00. I'm thinking I leave my place at 4:00 am (I lose an hour when I cross the border) and that will give 4-5 solid hours of fishing without pushing it. It looks like the Blackfoot is fishing the best right now. Anybody have an idea for a good access point within 15-20 minutes of downtown or am I dreaming?

jasmillo

}=)))*>
Forum Supporter
Depending on how early you get there, I’d search out a trico spinner falls this time of year. Some good public access right in town on both the Clark Fork and Bitterroot. ObvIous spots and road crossings. A road crossing on the Bitterroot (railroad crossing too…hint, hint), essentially in town, was a favorite of mine when I was in school in Missoula years ago. That spot got me hooked on fly fishing.

Coach Potter

Life of the Party
I audibled when I saw the sun coming up as I was going over Lookout. I decided to use my time fishing early on the Clark Fork rather than burning that early time driving all the way to the Blackfoot. It would have been awesome had I grabbed all my gear before leaving. There was a spinner fall and the cows were feeding but I didn’t have that box.

Coach Potter

Life of the Party
How was the game Coach??
The game was rough for us. Lots of talented young guys In key spots. We’ll be fine but the moment was too big for too many of them Friday. Our defense kept us in the game but but we turned in over 4x’s against a good team…that will never cut it.

We opened up with #2 in the state. We travel 8 hours to play #1 this week so it’s not going to get any easier. We play 3 top 5 ID teams and 2 top 5 WA teams to start the season.

Last edited:

Dr. Magill

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
The game was rough for us. Lots of talented young guys In key spots. We’ll be fine but the moment was too big for too many of them Friday. Our defense kept us in the game but but we turned in over 4x’s against a good team…that will never cut it.

We opened up with #2 in the state. We travel 8 hours to play #1 this week so it’s not going to get any easier. We play 3 top 5 ID teams and 2 top 5 WA teams to start the season.
I get it
Keep grinding

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter

Hell of a tough schedule.
Should pay great dividends in future years with your talented young players getting a lot of experience.
Good luck the rest of your season.
SF