SeaDog Prams

Fourbtgait

Steelhead
I was thinking mostly for weight reasons.
Weight is a very good reason. A SOF 14’ canoe can weigh say 15 lbs.
but you have to remember the dynamics of the build, materials. You need the hull to be round or semi so, in order there are not hard edges in the hull, say the chine. Round is also stronger by nature of design. There are some SOF rowboat designs, but you won’t have initial buoyancy as in a pram. But better reserve buoyancy.
it’s a give or take.

Jeff Dodd

Steelhead
As some of you are aware I have been looking for a lighter weight lake boat to fish from primarily by myself. I stumbled across SeaDog prams that are made in Seattle. Weight is in the range that I could handle by myself ---> a good thing. They customize the prams to the buyer's specifications. Not looking for something fancy - just for use on a local lake... Prices seem very reasonable when compared to Spring Creek.

I have done some research but have not found a lot of info. Not sure if they went out of business and then restarted.

Anyone have any experience with them? Any guidance/recommendation's?

Thank You In Advance

RCF
Did you find a pram?
There is a nice 8’ smith brothers pram for sale in Ferndale. $350. Good condition with oars

RCF

Life of the Party
Did you find a pram?
There is a nice 8’ smith brothers pram for sale in Ferndale. $350. Good condition with oars

I did send an email yesterday thru CL and no one responded back :(

Also no pics on CL either...

What place did you find it advertised? OfferUp?

Jeff Dodd

Steelhead
I did send an email yesterday thru CL and no one responded back :(

Also no pics on CL either...

What place did you find it advertised? OfferUp?
This was Facebook marketplace. I communicated with him this morning.

Would you like me to give him your phone number?

RCF

Life of the Party
Did you find a pram?

After looking at different boats and capacities and due to my svelte, muscle-bound, curves in all the right places figure, I need a boat at least 9' or preferably 10' in length...

wanderingrichard

Life of the Party
After looking at different boats and capacities and due to my svelte, muscle-bound, curves in all the right places figure, I need a boat at least 9' or preferably 10' in length...
Talk to the folks at gig harbor boats: ghboats.com I think they still have and 8 footer and a 10 footer for sale.

Reactions: RCF

RCF

Life of the Party
Talk to the folks at gig harbor boats: ghboats.com I think they still have and 8 footer and a 10 footer for sale.

They build a great boat. I checked out the capacities last fall and their 8' boat has the same capacity as most other 10' boats. There was a used one on CL last fall in PT and I could not get there fast enough before someone else bought it. It is at the top of my list for a brand to buy.

Wetswinger

Go Deep
Forum Supporter
Have you thought about a 1040 jon boat? Fits in truck bed. Lund, Lowe or Crestliner...

Last edited: