San Juan

Snuck down to the San Juan for a few days with my buddies. Nymphing was a a bit slow but dead drifting leaches at times proved fruitful along with one morning of midge dry fly action. Fishing the colder months is always much more pleasurable as those who know the ethics of the sport are out, warmer months is like Bloodsport.9CB89020-3E88-4335-97C8-D5D0E21B764F.jpegEF45D6CD-2EDD-49FE-9E76-8C81B456E7AD.jpeg548BEDD5-305B-40FA-A329-0E84D8370E73.jpeg

Jim Allen

Steelhead
Great report...I have fished there in the summer....100° Temps, guide boat after guide boat and waders scattered throughout the entire fishery. Thank God for getting a spot early in the am, cold water flowing from the dam and 1 kind fisherman who turned me on to a very productive ant pattern. One of my favorite place to fish in New Mexico.

Scottybs

Head Master Flyfisher In Charge
Forum Supporter
Been there many times many years ago. You’re smart to be there now

Leland
Leland,

I’ve fished it a few times over the last 8 years and spot on, winter months are the time to be there. Nothing is sacred during the summer months, getting low holed is a saintly event compared to the anarchy on the ‘Juan during the summer, best to avoid conflict.