"Run over my line and catch a bullet" in central OR...

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
La PINE, Ore. (KTVZ) – A fishing feud led to gunfire, an armored vehicle and SWAT team call-out and a Bend man’s arrest on the shores of Crane Prairie Reservoir Thursday evening. He’s also accused of firing two shots at a Deschutes County Sheriff’s Office drone, while nearby campers were warned of what was happening. Deputies were dispatched around 5:30 p.m. to a reported weapons offenses near the Rock Creek Campground at the reservoir west of La Pine, Sergeant Jason Wall said. Initial reports indicated three men were fishing from a boat close to the shoreline when campers at a nearby camp began screaming at the fishermen in the boat, claiming the boat was going to run over their fishing lines, Wall said. One of the fishermen on the shore armed himself with a long rifle and fired a round “in the general vicinity of the fishermen in the boat,” Wall said in a news release.

-------- READ MORE -------

I figured it would be the fly fishermen and the gear fishermen throwing down someday in that part of the state, but it looks like it's boat vs bank fishermen.

PhilR

IDK Man
Forum Supporter
Crane is big and shallow, no reason to fish near shore. And fishing is no reason to start shooting.

Stoneflywelding

Sometimes I go fishing.
Forum Supporter
Second time this week here in Bend that SWAT was called out for some nonsense. Both oddly enough were in locations one wouldn't expect to find this type of activity. Nothing is really that strange anymore, I guess.

dirty dog

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Many, many years ago my dad and I were fishing from shore at Howard Prairie res.
We were catching pretty good with salmon eggs.
A boater started trolling by and each pass he made by us was closer and closer to shore.
Well on one of the guy's pass's my dad's rod started jumping and he picked it up and the guy in the boat his rod was jumping.
The guy's trolling gear snagged my dad's line.
My dad being the nice guy that he is told the boat fisher he would unhook the snag.
My dad reeled in the guy's trolling gear and cut the guy's line off and told the guy sorry about yer luck and he should go fish somewhere else.

Dustin Chromers

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter

I figured it would be the fly fishermen and the gear fishermen throwing down someday in that part of the state, but it looks like it's boat vs bank fishermen.

I told you guys the level of play at crane would go downhill if the bass became established. Billy has to carry banned firearms just to protect himself from the glitter boat militia. Bass breed violence. Trout are the choice of enlightened anglers. Bass draw bad apples..

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
I told you guys the level of play at crane would go downhill if the bass became established. Billy has to carry banned firearms just to protect himself from the glitter boat militia. Bass breed violence. Trout are the choice of enlightened anglers. Bass draw bad apples..
I don't know what bass jersey I want more, "Glitter Boat Mafia" or "Bad Apple Bassmaster".

FinLuver

Native Oregonian…1846
Many, many years ago my dad and I were fishing from shore at Howard Prairie res.
We were catching pretty good with salmon eggs.
A boater started trolling by and each pass he made by us was closer and closer to shore.
Well on one of the guy's pass's my dad's rod started jumping and he picked it up and the guy in the boat his rod was jumping.
The guy's trolling gear snagged my dad's line.
My dad being the nice guy that he is told the boat fisher he would unhook the snag.
My dad reeled in the guy's trolling gear and cut the guy's line off and told the guy sorry about yer luck and he should go fish somewhere else.
Rogue River down by Gold Beach during the Fall Salmon Season. My uncle had a jackass steal his salmon…clearly with uncle’s trolling gear in the fish’s mouth.

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
Shit like this is one more reason why I am very selective about where I fish. Maybe going back to trout in far flung locales is my destiny. People suck.
One (of many) reasons I've moved on to more overlooked species as my primary targets. Both in overall difficulty (keeps 99% of people away) and just species viewed as trash fish.

The hoards can have those trout streams....

It should be noted I'm going trout fishing tomorrow....😆

jasmillo

}=)))*>
Forum Supporter

jasmillo

}=)))*>
Forum Supporter
One (of many) reasons I've moved on to more overlooked species as my primary targets. Both in overall difficulty (keeps 99% of people away) and just species viewed as trash fish.

The hoards can have those trout streams....

It should be noted I'm going trout fishing tomorrow....😆

I chased your preferred species today myself. Not a bump, not even from a bass. First true skunking in a long time. Not because I am some great fisherman..more because I can usually find a stocker trout or SRC off the beach to play so I don’t get skunked for the day.

Even without a fish to sniff….I thoroughly enjoyed myself. I must be getting old ;).

BriGuy

Life of the Party
The fact nobody else hopped in when a three on one beat down started happening on the beach is also disgusting.

Nothing more comical to me than adults taking leisure activities like fishing or beer league softball so seriously that it leads to arguments or violence.
I was wondering that as well. Maybe he's the guy who threw the rock at the boat.

Doesn't make the beatdown right, but he didn't seem to have anyone on his side.