NFR Roof Rack Suggestions

Non-fishing related

DFG

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I'm looking for suggestions for roof racks that mount to (pre-installed) t-tracks.

DanielOcean

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I was looking into the same. I was bummed out by the prices. I will probably just go the craigslist route and be patient for something to come up.

Zak

Legend
I have bought two sets of used Thule racks off of craigslist. Just make sure the crossbar length reaches across the new factory tracks.

Irish11

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Depending on how much weight you are looking to carry with the rack Yakima and Thule both make mounts that will fit into a factory rack with towers. What is the vehicle you are putting them on? There are some creative options using 80/20 aluminum that give you a very modular setup.

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
Yakima is the best in the biz. Local too.

They also have a calculator online for your vehicle.

Peyton00

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I use Thule shells.
They are dual side opening (keyed).
I wouldn't use the single lock/single side opening cargo shells. The convenience of both sides opening is worth the $600+ .

DFG

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Necessity is a mother! I was able to buy a few used parts (we have a great source for recycled building materials here in Hood River) and craft these rod holders. This is just a prototype, but I think it will prove the concept.IMG_2227.jpgIMG_2226.jpg