Rod holder for boat

Dogsnfish

Steelhead
Hi, looking for fly rod holders for my boat. I have been using the Scotty 260's on my pontoon and float tube, but kind of scared to try them on my boat where we run from spot to spot at 30mph. Heard good things about the Folbe's, but they seem similar to what I have?

Engee

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Hi, looking for fly rod holders for my boat. I have been using the Scotty 260's on my pontoon and float tube, but kind of scared to try them on my boat where we run from spot to spot at 30mph. Heard good things about the Folbe's, but they seem similar to what I have?
Funny you should ask. I hadn't heard of Folbe until searching for a new rod holder for my pontoon boat. I ordered a Folbe two-rod holder and love it. It holds rods securely just like the Scotty and is multi-adjustable. I was impressed by the quality and it's made in USA!

Westfly Refugee

Steelhead
Funny you should ask. I hadn't heard of Folbe until searching for a new rod holder for my pontoon boat. I ordered a Folbe two-rod holder and love it. It holds rods securely just like the Scotty and is multi-adjustable. I was impressed by the quality and it's made in USA!
Mount your Folbe's so they pull open toward the front of your boat.
I fish for albacore tuna using Folbe's to hold the trolling rods and they've stood up to the pressure without problems.
The push/pull locking mechanism is nice to have when you're running in bumpy conditions...gives you some peace of mind knowing the rod holders are locked shut.

SSPey

loco alto!
On the sled: reels go in pouches, on the floor, with rod tips pointed out the back over the transom held by a foam rod holder. I used a 3 slot, might change to 6 slot. Foam rod holder is attached to a Scotty 367 fish-finder plate, with a small extension into a Scotty base.

7468B5BB-C013-4770-B11C-09AA3EDB25B4.jpeg

Eastside

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
On my motorboat the Spey rods go in Fish-On rod holders with felt installed on the inside to avoid marring the cork. Locked in place, they travel fine in 30+ mph trips up and down river. On my drift boat they are mounted vertically in the front. I primarily fish the Deschutes where fishing from the boat is not allowed.

Coho

Freshly Spawned
On the sled: reels go in pouches, on the floor, with rod tips pointed out the back over the transom held by a foam rod holder. I used a 3 slot, might change to 6 slot. Foam rod holder is attached to a Scotty 367 fish-finder plate, with a small extension into a Scotty base.

View attachment 73195
That is really nice. Did you make that? Or where did you buy it?

SSPey

loco alto!
The parts were bought over time at various places, but all are available online. It is modular/removable (though the base is bolted on). From bottom to top:

Scotty 241 mounting base (standard)
Scotty 254 extension
Scotty 367 fish finder plate
Seachoice 3 rod holder