Repackaged goodness

So on a whim I decided it was time to pick up a float tube so as to really try stillwater more thoroughly (and access some truly legendary trout waters in oregon)

I finally landed on a lost creek LC4. Seemed like a good deal at a local sportsman's warehouse and was available for same day pickup. Sure, why not?

The box literally is labeled as an Outcast Fish Cat 4 (a more expensive tube by about $100) and even the paperwork inside cites outcast and the fish cat 4.

A quick bit of online comparison leads me to believe that sportsman's warehouse has a repackaging/wholesaler agreement to sell the same tube for a significant discount.

Long story short, if you're in the market for a pretty inexpensive tube check this out.

Photos for reference:
16559617223098340723625213853661.jpg

mcswny

Legend
Forum Supporter
So on a whim I decided it was time to pick up a float tube so as to really try stillwater more thoroughly (and access some truly legendary trout waters in oregon)

I finally landed on a lost creek LC4. Seemed like a good deal at a local sportsman's warehouse and was available for same day pickup. Sure, why not?

The box literally is labeled as an Outcast Fish Cat 4 (a more expensive tube by about $100) and even the paperwork inside cites outcast and the fish cat 4.

A quick bit of online comparison leads me to believe that sportsman's warehouse has a repackaging/wholesaler agreement to sell the same tube for a significant discount.

Long story short, if you're in the market for a pretty inexpensive tube check this out.

Photos for reference:
View attachment 19505
I tried to pick one up locally today, the site said they had them in stock but of course they didn’t. I’ll order in the morning.

Edit: seeing you’re in pdx, what sportsman you go to?

I tried to pick one up locally today, the site said they had them in stock but of course they didn’t. I’ll order in the morning.

Edit: seeing you’re in pdx, what sportsman you go to?
Went to the one on se 82nd, it was mobbed, they were short staffed, but kind, and had one waiting for me.

Jake Watrous

Legend
Forum Supporter
They also sell an Outcast 9-IR clone (either made or designed by Outcast) for $500 vs $1100 from Fish Cat.

jasmillo

}=)))*>
Forum Supporter
The Lost Creek x-streamer frameless pontoon is also the Outcast Fish Cat Scout. Almost 50% less than the Ourcast branded version.

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
I have no need for it, but this thread makes me want to pick up another tube or a Fish Cat Scout clone just because of how god of a deal it is.

iveofione

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I love a good deal-especially when it is a surprise. A couple of years ago Freestone found me a new-in-the-box Super Fat Cat. It hadn't seen water and came with fins, backpacking straps, the carry bag and a K-pump-all for $250! I am still using my 15 year old SFC but my granddaughter looks mighty stylish in her new model!