Raft Anchor Questions

DFG

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Several years ago I moved to Hood River. Instead of fishing the Yakima, where I used a 45# chain anchor, I now spend most of my float time on the Deschutes.

I'd love to find something lighter that will hold as well, if not better. I like the looks of the Tornado and suspect that my 14' raft would need something bout 30 pounds.

Does this seem right?

Might a pyramid perform as well for less money?

Yard Sale

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
My 30# holds my raft just fine there. It won't stop you, but it will hold your boat.

goinoregon

Just Hatched
i would think the pyramid would be fine, unless u are parking in swifter water. i quit hanging the anchor off the back of driftboat, after swinging the anchor into the boat during some standing waves...

brownheron

corvus ossifragus
I have the 30lb Tornado on my 13' Maravia Scout. Works great but probably not needed on the OP. I got it after I had to dive to free my Green Anchor pyramid after it got stuck on the Yakima (again). Way more expensive than a lead pyramid but about the same as a steel cased anchor like the Green. Haven't had it on the Yak yet so hopefully the marketing hype will hold true.

Snakes

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
30# pyramid anchor for me on my clackacraft. It holds fine in...never had an issue with it. I've parked in the river on slower water but mostly toss it onto shore over a root ball, large rock, into the grass, or something similar.

Stoneflywelding

Sometimes I go fishing.
Forum Supporter
33lb green anchor works great for me on the lower D for my 16’ aluminum drift boat. And yes because you’re not fishing from the boat here it’s really all you need.