Question for those who aren't using dark mode to view the site

Mark Yoshida

Deep Line & Vertical
Forum Supporter
To those who had issue with the differentiation between read/unread posts, I think it should be improved now.

I always browse by "new posts" so never really see the read/not new posts. So I forget that's a thing.
Much better now. I didn’t know you could do this. You guys are great!
I will definitely use it now!

Shad

Life of the Party
Just tried it, and dark mode rocks. My eyes didn't know what they were missing, but now that they do, there will be no going back now.

BriGuy

Life of the Party
Mr. Magoo (me) likes it!

jasmillo

}=)))*>
Forum Supporter
So I have been using dark mode exclusively for a week now. I’ve also switched over all my MS office applications at work as well.

I’m starting to lose my eyesight and grow gills. Is that normal?

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
So I have been using dark mode exclusively for a week now. I’ve also switched over all my MS office applications at work as well.

I’m starting to lose my eyesight and grow gills. Is that normal?
da fuq? MS Office has these options!? I've been missing out....

Man, this whole dark mode phenomenon is dope as fuck! (apologies to any who think this may be "low class" or "beneath a fly angler's persona"...but hey, I feel what I feel.

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin

Man, this whole dark mode phenomenon is dope as fuck! (apologies to any who think this may be "low class" or "beneath a fly angler's persona"...but hey, I feel what I feel.
my entire computer experience is so dark. it makes any non-dark website jarring. i pretty much avoid them now.

Gary Knowels

Hack of all trades
Forum Supporter
I tried it for a few days but switched back. It's cool and pleasing in a sense, but to me it was harder to look through a sub forum and determine which threads had new posts and which I had already read through.

Never had any eye issues or headaches personally, so just not a big deal for me personally. I like that the option is there to run it either way.
I had the exact same experience

Gary Knowels

Hack of all trades
Forum Supporter
To those who had issue with the differentiation between read/unread posts, I think it should be improved now.

I always browse by "new posts" so never really see the read/not new posts. So I forget that's a thing.
Love the adjustment! Thanks for continuing to use feedback to make an even better experience. Y'all rock!

jasmillo

}=)))*>
Forum Supporter

Yes sir. A little dark mode excel for you…

349C4132-1CB5-437E-8C8F-2A6A14676E3A.jpeg

Takes a little more work to get a true dark mode for excel. Need to set a dark theme then apply a background or do some vba stuff to auto format cells to get the actual sheets and text white. Outlook has more click button dark mode options though.

wanderingrichard

Life of the Party
Can't use it. Only 3% vision in left eye from botched retinal reattachment (lost count at 18 surgeries), and right is also degraded due to retinal reattachmemt. If its not black and white or clearly defined, i cant read it. Been there, done that.

FishaLot

Team Dark Mode
My wife in the past encouraged me to use dark mode on my iPad but I never could get use to it. I read your post and thought I’d give your version a try and for the first few minutes wasn’t convinced but now I really enjoy it. It’s easy on the eyes and a very pleasant color combination and today with the new change the read/unread is very noticeable . Skeptical at first,,, but Team Dark Mode now ! Thanks for the effort and attention to detail.

swimmy

An honest tune with a lingering lead
Yes sir. A little dark mode excel for you…

View attachment 5763

Takes a little more work to get a true dark mode for excel. Need to set a dark theme then apply a background or do some vba stuff to auto format cells to get the actual sheets and text white. Outlook has more click button dark mode options though.

How are the numbers looking?