NFR Quesadillas

Non-fishing related

PhilR

IDK Man
Forum Supporter
It's all about technique. I'd use a time machine to go back to Tucson 25 years ago. Sanchez Burrito made the best quesedillas with those excellent, chewy northern Mexico tortillas.

DoesItFloat

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
It's all about technique. I'd use a time machine to go back to Tucson 25 years ago. Sanchez Burrito made the best quesedillas with those excellent, chewy northern Mexico tortillas.
The only restaurant remotely near my house makes great authentic Mexican food, and they use a huge, chewy corn tortilla for theirs. It's glorious.

Zak

Legend
Canned black beans and cheese. For the ones I'll eat, a put in a few shakes of the Trader Joe's dried Hatch green chili flakes, for my kids, just beans and cheese with Pace picante and sour cream on the side.

Mossback

Fear My Powerful Emojis 😆
Forum Supporter
Chorizo, manchego and cilantro, with carmelized onions, black beans and avacado.

Try making some tlayuda sometimes, sort of a oaxacan pizza type thing, but folded in half it is sort of like a quesadilla...or tostada, depending what you put on it.
Same flavors, so should be good for kids if they like quesadillas.

Kilchis

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Better than El Charro?

Porter2

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Tillamook Mexi Cheese mix, Spinach, mushrooms, red peppers, onion, black beans, black olives, and jalapeño or pico salsa or corn chile salsa and fresh cilantro !!!! Homemade Guacamole mixed with pico salsa … Sometimes I will use the green verde avacado salsa but I usually reserve that for the pork carnitas.

PhilR

IDK Man
Forum Supporter
Better than El Charro?
El Charro for carne seca and green corn tamales. Fun fact: they dried the beef for the carne seca up on the roof.

I really miss real Mexican food.

Jim in Anacortes

Life of the Party
Grilled shrimp, cheddar cheese, flour tortilla. Salsa Fresca , sour creme and various red and green hot sauces. Cooked in a cast iron skillet, low heat, with butter and olive oil. I add guacamole, rice and refried beans to the plate, with a few (heated) tortilla chips.

DoesItFloat

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Grilled shrimp, cheddar cheese, flour tortilla. Salsa Fresca , sour creme and various red and green hot sauces. Cooked in a cast iron skillet, low heat, with butter and olive oil. I add guacamole, rice and refried beans to the plate, with a few (heated) tortilla chips.
That reminds me of the shrimp quesadilla at the Hula Hut in Austin. Some habanero mango salsa on top, mmmmmgood

DanielOcean

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I am

Why didn't I think to post that?

Flour tortilla, shredded chicken, melted Mexi cheese blend, garnished with sliced black olives, fresh guacamole, roasted green tomatillo salsa and pico de gallo.

I am shocked that it was not the 2nd post on this thread.

That sounds so dang good. Bet it tastes amazing before a Yakima river evening.