Puget Sound Fly Co Future

Greg Price

Steelhead
My buddy just texted me an Instagram post with disturbing news of the future of Anil's shop.

I am hoping this is a fake or disinformation.

Does anyone know what is going on?

NRC

I’m just here so I don’t get mined
Forum Supporter
Could someone post that info here? Huge bummer and not just because I live a mile from his shop. Awesome dude and awesome staff.

Cabezon

Sculpin Enterprises
Forum Supporter
Running any small business, even with a quality staff behind you, is a huge drain and I'm sure that the last two years have added to the stress. I have always found Anil and his staff to be tremendously helpful and personable. I will miss my irregular visits to his shop and wish him and his staff the best in the future.
Steve

Greg Price

Steelhead
Wow

Big loss for anyone who loves fly fishing.

I started receiving excellent, friendly advice and products from Anil and Clark when they opened up in Federal Way.

Followed them to their shop in Tacoma.

Sad when Clark left, but glad he is in the family business selling tractors and mowers. I buy mower and chainsaw parts from him now.

Every year after Christmas I would head to the shop to spend Christmas money. Still have and use the things they recommended.

I wish Anil the best.

He set the bar for excellent, local knowledge, friendly service and all around goodness.

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter
Dang! Great shop, great owner and staff. They got me on my first tuna trip years ago. Sad to hear this; wish them all the best in what comes next.

Greg Price

Steelhead
Maybe someone like Dave at the West Seattle fly shop could lease the space? Rename it Tacoma fly shop?

Or the owner of Gig Harbor fly shop and re name it Gig Harbor East (just kidding)

There is no replacement for Anil and crew, but man I am going to miss his service close to me.

Maybe hire Anil to manage and keep his staff?

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
That's a genuine bummer to hear. Tough couple of years for any retail business with covid, supply chain issues, and now a slowing economy/inflation.

Cheers to Anil on whatever path life takes him next.

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
First Gary and The Morning Hatch and now Anil and Puget Sound Fly Co.
Both tough losses for Tacoma. Quality shops, owners and staffs.
SF

DimeBrite

Saltwater fly fisherman
Puget Sound Fly Co. will be badly missed. A big thank you to Anil and his staff over the years. I will really miss the travel trips Anil hosted and his advice for gear set-up and fly line selection. Battling traffic through Seattle and Tacoma was worth it to visit his fly shop. :cry:

Sam Roffe

If a man ain't fishing...
Forum Supporter
i saw the same post. I always like Anil and Clark. Federal Way was an easy joint for me. Tacoma, not so much, but I would do it once or twice a year. They have helped me out a lot and his shop will be missed. However, after 20 years of serving the fly fishing community, it’s probably time for him to move on. He’s young, has a family, and I’m sure they need him more than we do.

Xoxo

I just heard this news: I had lunch with my old fly fishing buddy, Keith. He still gets together with Garry, who owned The Morning Hatch and Garry told him that Anil is negotiating with two people who may want to buy the store. So cross your fingers….