PSA - Very nice property on the Sol Duc on the market

brownheron

corvus ossifragus
Several folks have asked me to keep an eye out for cool river properties on the OP. Just saw this property came on the market. Nowhere near cheap but would be an amazing buy for someone interested in fishing and other outdoor activities on the North OP. Great salmon fishing right out back and probably pretty easy to cut a gap to make a rough launch.

Our place is one road north and we love the access to the river, beaches and mountains. I wish I could afford to upgrade:

brownheron

corvus ossifragus
I hate to say it, but for a 2500 sq ft house on 10 acres with river frontage.... $1.3 M probably is "cheap" these days.
Yes, on a relative basis for this part of the country, not unusual at all.

Our place was a good bit less, but still felt awfully expensive when I signed the papers - 5 acres and about 500' of frontage but high bank forest and doesn't have a great fishing hole on the property (neighbors on both sides do though). My wife thinks we over paid and maybe she's right but with logging zoning issues and national forest, residential property on the Sol Duc and Calawah is really limited.

I keep pitching it as a long-term investment. However, I'm not sure I have the wherewithal to keep up with the maintenance that long. Home ownership in the middle of the OP rainforest is not for the time constrained...

DanielOcean

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I can't handle that monthly payment.

Dr. Magill

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Yes, on a relative basis for this part of the country, not unusual at all.

Our place was a good bit less, but still felt awfully expensive when I signed the papers - 5 acres and about 500' of frontage but high bank forest and doesn't have a great fishing hole on the property (neighbors on both sides do though). My wife thinks we over paid and maybe she's right but with logging zoning issues and national forest, residential property on the Sol Duc and Calawah is really limited.

I keep pitching it as a long-term investment. However, I'm not sure I have the wherewithal to keep up with the maintenance that long. Home ownership in the middle of the OP rainforest is not for the time constrained...
What is the zoning presently?

Mossback

Fear My Powerful Emojis 😆
Forum Supporter
If you are looking a bit closer to the metro area, this place has 800 ft. of riverfront, and a 1 acre pond.

😁

Chadk

Life of the Party
If you are looking a bit closer to the metro area, this place has 800 ft. of riverfront, and a 1 acre pond.

😁
N Fork Snoqualmie - but a little too close to town for my taste...

brownheron

corvus ossifragus

😁
Pretty sure that's the place on the right as you approach the road to the Campbell Tree Farm. Tourons line up on the road in fall to photography the red maples along the drive. I've driven by it a jillion times as a long time tree farm passholder but never seen the house as it's set too far back. Wow!

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
Forum Supporter

😁
10 Bathrooms! I couldn't afford the toilet paper!

Rob Allen

Life of the Party

Paige

Wishing I was fishing the Sauk

😁

No way in hell am I going to clean iver 13,000sqf house, I stugle with 1,400 :ROFLMAO: