Pre-tied musky setups?

skyriver

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Ok musky guys. Do you carry your flies pre-tied to the bite leader?

I do and have had some challenges trying to find storage solution I like. The closest thing out there that might work is dropper rig boxes. Orvis makes one, but that's for wrapping 3 or 4x, not 100 lb fluoro.

Well, I may have a winner. Time on the boat will tell.

Anyone up for some musky BBQ tools? :ROFLMAO:

20221014_144345.jpg

20221014_144049_HDR.jpg

I should probably refine and market the damn thing. I hear musky guys will buy anything.

Northern

Seeking SMB
Forum Supporter
Ok musky guys. Do you carry your flies pre-tied to the bite leader?

I do and have had some challenges trying to find storage solution I like. The closest thing out there that might work is dropper rig boxes. Orvis makes one, but that's for wrapping 3 or 4x, not 100 lb fluoro.

Well, I may have a winner. Time on the boat will tell.

Anyone up for some musky BBQ tools? :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 36592

View attachment 36593

I should probably refine and market the damn thing. I hear musky guys will buy anything.
That's brilliant!

PhilR

IDK Man
Forum Supporter
Yes, but since my bite tippets are only about 8-10 inches, same length as the fly, they fit right in the box. The teeth are only a couple of inches away from the fly, so I don't think you need those long `bite tippets.

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
Yep, but like Phil said, ~10"

I tried the fastach clips, and love how quick it is to change flies but every now and then they get caught in a position where they impede the desired fly action, so I went back to pre-rigging.

Oh, for rigging, I just wind them up in a little circle. When I use them, unwind, stretch, attach, fish.

skyriver

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I like the longer bite tippet. Not sure exactly why, but in my experience it seems to help with the action. 8-10" is probably better for figure 8s.

SilverFly

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
If things keep changing offshore like they have been, you guys will be ready when PNW billfish becomes a thing.

PhilR

IDK Man
Forum Supporter
You don’t even need to coil it up. Or maybe that would help my luck
87A9FEB9-9C29-45B7-8292-7D0065A53D8F.jpeg

PhilR

IDK Man
Forum Supporter

Dustin Chromers

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I keep them in a large Tupperware that I glued foam into. I keep my knot too kinky on the flies and it is looped. I can change a fly like a pit crew a tire.