Portland Restaurants

Mossback

Fear My Powerful Emojis 😆
Forum Supporter
Going to be in Portland later this Fall for a wedding, and looking for a top shelf Italian spot for a great meal. Looked onlinine and have some candidates, but looking for reccomendations.

Talking first hand been there type reviews.

Thanks...

FinLuver

Native Oregonian…1846
Going to be in Portland later this Fall for a wedding, and looking for a top shelf Italian spot for a great meal. Looked onlinine and have some candidates, but looking for reccomendations.

Talking first hand been there type reviews.

Thanks...
Depending on what day of the week, ya might even be able to take in a “peaceful…”; well you know what they are called. Be sure to check out the local fly shop(s) scene. Enjoy!! 😁

TicTokCroc

Sunkist and Sudafed
Forum Supporter
Depending on what day of the week, ya might even be able to take in a “peaceful…”; well you know what they are called. Be sure to check out the local fly shop(s) scene. Enjoy!! 😁
A hobo tried to cut the head off one of our security guards last Saturday. Luckily he got his hand between the machetes blade and his neck and only went to the hospital for a severe hand laceration. This was broad daylight so keep your head on a swivel. Don't know many Italian places downtown, that style seems to be falling out of favor. I can recommend a good Mexican place. I make their cinnamon ice cream for them. Nuestra Cocina on division.

Skimr

Smolt
Forum Supporter
My son recommends Nostrana. Never been there myself, but he eats at high end places all over the country so trust his judgement on a recommendation.

Mossback

Fear My Powerful Emojis 😆
Forum Supporter
My son recommends Nostrana. Never been there myself, but he eats at high end places all over the country so trust his judgement on a recommendation.

Thanks
That was on my list...good to get some feedback on it.

Last edited:

Yard Sale

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
A hobo tried to cut the head off one of our security guards last Saturday. Luckily he got his hand between the machetes blade and his neck and only went to the hospital for a severe hand laceration. This was broad daylight so keep your head on a swivel. Don't know many Italian places downtown, that style seems to be falling out of favor. I can recommend a good Mexican place. I make their cinnamon ice cream for them. Nuestra Cocina on division.

Seems like that would have been in the news. Link?

TicTokCroc

Sunkist and Sudafed
Forum Supporter
Look up assaults in Portland August 20th 2022.... 🤷‍♂️

Not everything is in the news... I was there, I saw the ambulance, I know the guy who got cut, I got the first hand accounts from security, witnesses, including board members, but you don't have to belive me this is the internet 🧐

PhilR

IDK Man
Forum Supporter
Carina on nw 21st is a great Mediterranean/tapas place. More northern Italian than southern. We also like Alora on nw 9th.

Second Andina. Great food and location.

TicTokCroc

Sunkist and Sudafed
Forum Supporter
Just got an update, 13 stitches, he's not at work today and what I was afraid of.. he got lunch from me right before it happened so he's pretty mad about that. So he'll definatly be eating for free from me the rest of the year.

Not Portland but close, Elements in downtown Vancouver, amazing chef. Went to one of his wine pairing dinners, comped, because we were a supplier for him.

TicTokCroc

Sunkist and Sudafed
Forum Supporter
Cant beat the steaks at the Acrop!
Where I used to work there was a guy with the Acrop on his route, good thing he was salary. Another guy had Sassys, standing order for 1 pack of hamburger buns, definitely did not meet the order minimum :LOL: