PNW Fly Fishing 1 Week Anniversary

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
One hell of a 7 days! Seriously all of you, we never actually thought we'd even have a handful of people moved over at this point. I was on vacation this week but couldn't stop checking in to see how awesome everything was going while I was relaxing at the cabin.

Thank you all for the generous donations and help in spreading the word. I hope we keep the good attitudes and good juju going as we continue to grow and get this place settled.

Despite setting up, maintaining, and running one of these forums being an actual 2nd job, you're all making it fun.

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
The way everyone has supported this crazy project has been just awesome. I'm floored. What an awesome community. Thank you all.

And the posts! So much amazing conversation right out of the gate. It's like everyone has been energized and remembering how cool it is to learn and share so much stuff. I haven't enjoyed commenting and reading this much for ages.

Like Evan said, it has genuinely been fun and I'm looking forward to more.

Had a little trouble getting on earlier so I need to ask. How do I get to be a supporter?
And do I get a hat?

RCF

Life of the Party
Most of us did not realize how good we had it until it disappeared overnight. Like something I said earlier "I compare it to having a loving family and then all of a sudden being put into foster care with lousy adults taking care of you..." BUT what has happened is extraordinary --> the family came back together yet even stronger. Something I could of never imagined. Truly remarkable! This forum is even more positive, more of a community and a great base to build from. It is allowing us to reminisce of times gone by when, according to some, were even better times. Remembering our childhood, time spent with parents and mentors. The continued sharing of our thoughts and experiences helps us as well as those who have a lot to learn and create something to look forward to.

The out-pouring of support and involvement is unreal. I can not keep up with the posts in the last hour much less in the past 15 minutes.

The commitment, support and transparency by @Billy, @Evan Burck and @Josh is second to none. I am sure they are as blown away as many of us are.

A couple of shout-outs:
@Old Man - the brick and mortar of great times and calling it real. I look forward to every post.
@Freestone - for the positivity and coaching, kind words and gentle yet real perspective.
@Jojo - so glad she is back. When I read her posts it is tranquility and down to earth calmness. If you will, a certain Buddha-like time, sitting with legs crossed, palms up, murmuring "hummmm".

To continued great times! Toast (with a gin, whiskey, crown, or scotch ---> LOL)

Now where is Travers when one needs him?

Last edited:

Merle

Roy’s cousin
Forum Supporter
Most of us did not realize how good we had it until it disappeared overnight. Like something I said earlier "I compare it to having a loving family and then all of a sudden being put into foster care with lousy adults taking care of you..." BUT what has happened is extraordinary --> the family came back together yet even stronger. Something I could of never imagined. Truly remarkable! This forum is even more positive, more of a community and a great base to build from. It is allowing us to reminisce of times gone by when, according to some, were even better times. Remembering our childhood, time spent with parents and mentors. The continued sharing of our thoughts and experiences helps us as well as those who have a lot to learn and create something to look forward to.

The out-pouring of support and involvement is unreal. I can not keep up with the posts in the last hour much less in the past 15 minutes.

The commitment, support and transparency by @Billy, @Evan Burck and @Josh is second to none. I am sure they are as blown away as many of us are.

A couple of shout-outs:
@Old Man - the brick and mortar of great times and calling it real. I look forward to every post.
@Freestone - for the positivity and coaching, kind words and gentle yet real perspective.
@Jojo - so glad she is back. When I read her posts it is tranquility and down to earth calmness. If you will, a certain Buddha like time, sitting with legs crossed, palms up, murmuring "hummmm".

To continued great times! Toast (with a gin, whiskey, crown, or scotch ---> LOL)

Now where is Travers when one needs him?
Well said RCF!

Thanks, andy

swimmy

An honest tune with a lingering lead
Congrats!

You have the core influencers from WFF here and basically overnight this became the place to go for quality fishing content. At first I wasn't sure, but the way this is playing out, I do think good vibe will last.

Until they start cracking down, WFF is now the place to go to air grievances and/or basically shit all over each other. I know that is immature but man can it also be entertaining. Never would I have expected to see what is going on over there.
JSDFwlvf_o.gif

And if that's not your thing, no biggie. Stay here. But it will keep the food fights off this forum so we really do get best of both worlds.

I also appreciate you thanking the members. That goes a long way for community.

Xoxo

@RCF Oh wow. Thank you for what’s one of the best compliments I’ve ever received! Thank you.

For me, PNW is like an old home that started to deteriorate and @Josh and @Evan Burck came in, and not only flipped it and made it more beautiful, but also uprooted it and moved into a better neighborhood. And @Billy is the good kind of HOA president with a State Farm like motto to make sure we don’t crash and burn it down.

(Hahaha….I must be watching too much HG tv! )

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
Forum Supporter
@RCF Oh wow. Thank you for what’s one of the best compliments I’ve ever received! Thank you.

For me, PNW is like an old home that started to deteriorate and @Josh and @Evan Burck came in, and not only flipped it and made it more beautiful, but also uprooted it and moved into a better neighborhood. And @Billy is the good kind of HOA president with a State Farm like motto to make sure we don’t crash and burn it down.

(Hahaha….I must be watching too much HG tv! )
Yea...but there's a limit to the quality of trailer parks one can find...

Xoxo

I keep checking the WFF to see where Jim Travers is. I still think i could be right and Chris Scoones is really Jim. It’s too weird that he’s not here.

I look forward to @Wadin' Boot ’s stories too! Maybe a dedicated thread for them????

Griswald

Steelhead
Thank you to all who have made this such a fantastic new site-feels like the earlier days of WFF. Good culture and great community.

Dloy

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Gotta go somewhere for adult supervision.
Thank you gentlemen.

Tom Butler

Grandpa, Small Stream Fanatic
Forum Supporter
1644082051694.png1644082131425.png1644082182664.png

Long_Rod_Silvers

Elder Millennial
Forum Supporter
I keep checking the WFF to see where Jim Travers is. I still think i could be right and Chris Scoones is really Jim. It’s too weird that he’s not here.

I look forward to @Wadin' Boot ’s stories too! Maybe a dedicated thread for them????
Ya know Jojo, you sure do talk about travers a lot. Understandably though, he's an epic personality. Buuuuttt, its starting to make me think you are Travers. Oooo, what a plot twist that would be! :LOL: