PNW email scam?

Smokey Bear

El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity
Forum Supporter
Did anyone else get an email like this? I don’t trust it because I didn’t join on April 1st.
@Billy @Evan B @Josh
IMG_1120.jpeg

Last edited:

RCF

Life of the Party
If I remember correctly a lot of members over there got spammed shortly after the takeover. Part of selling info right after they took over to make money.

One of the BEST reasons to be a member here. That will never occur here for sure!

Smokey Bear

Forum Supporter
If I remember correctly a lot of members over there got spammed shortly after the takeover. Part of selling info right after they took over to make money.

One of the BEST reasons to be a member here. That will never occur here for sure!
What does your comment mean? I don’t understand. 🤷 You have me lost. What does this have to do with this site?
I don’t believe PNW would sell this site.

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
What does your comment mean? I don’t understand. 🤷 You have me lost. What does this have to do with this site?
I don’t believe PNW would sell this site.
Yeah we're definitely not selling the site or anyone's info. That we can promise you.

As far as I can tell, there's nothing fishy about this email. It's not about when you joined the site, but when your payments for Forum Supporter membership are scheduled.

But if you ever receive something like this and have questions, please forward it to info@pnwflyfishing.com so we can investigate it. Much easier for us to look at everything in an email vs a screenshot on here where we can't dig in to it.

Smokey Bear

Forum Supporter
Yeah we're definitely not selling the site or anyone's info. That we can promise you.

As far as I can tell, there's nothing fishy about this email. It's not about when you joined the site, but when your payments for Forum Supporter membership are scheduled.

But if you ever receive something like this and have questions, please forward it to info@pnwflyfishing.com so we can investigate it. Much easier for us to look at everything in an email vs a screenshot on here where we can't dig in to it.
My iPad doesn’t want to open it. It warned me when I tried to open it, then had a second warning.
Was this generated from you?
IMG_1122.jpegIMG_1123.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: RCF

Divad

Whitefish
My iPad doesn’t want to open it. It warned me when I tried to open it, then had a second warning.
Was this generated from you?
View attachment 109420View attachment 109421
It looks to be the other site that got deprecated, I think it was for gear fishing. They (our mods) probably don’t want to pay for the ssl certificate anymore as it’s a site not used.

This is likely because you were a supporter over there first and you’re getting renew links from it.
CEB834E8-AF13-4E8A-9B33-2891442F82D6.jpeg

NO THREAT EVERYONE!

Last edited:

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin

Smokey Bear

Forum Supporter
Yeah forward this to us please info@pnwflyfishing.com - like I said, we can't investigate anything from a screenshot.

It does appear to be from the dot net site though. I'll make sure you don't get charged for that.
Sent it yesterday at 8:22 pm

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
Sent it yesterday at 8:22 pm
Hmm not showing up in the inbox.

I any case: looks like the membership from the other site would expire on April 1 based on when you donated there. You got an alert but it doesn't differentiate which site it's for unless you click the link which is to the defunct site with no SSL cert which tripped your browser's security warning.

In short: it can be ignored and all is well. Nothing fishy going on just was a little confusing.

Smokey Bear

Forum Supporter
Hmm not showing up in the inbox.

I any case: looks like the membership from the other site would expire on April 1 based on when you donated there. You got an alert but it doesn't differentiate which site it's for unless you click the link which is to the defunct site with no SSL cert which tripped your browser's security warning.

In short: it can be ignored and all is well. Nothing fishy going on just was a little confusing.
Didn’t mean to stir anything up. Now I understand. I didn’t pay close enough attention to site name.
Makes sense now. Thanks! And thanks @Divad you noticed the old site.