Pink Year

T

Tombraider

they have a sound of their own when line zings out, like a Zebco. I have one with extra spool I never use.

skyriver

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
What a difference some rain and a week makes. Pretty slow on the Duw this morning, I was probably too close to the bay. Went 2 for 2 on pinks and seemed to be doing as well as anyone in that area. It was nice that there was not much boat traffic at least. I did have a barge of concrete mix go by. Haha!

Checked a bit upriver on the way home and there were way more people up there, but in my 10 minute observation, it looked really slow there as well. I would guess they are definitely in the river now.

I know we all like to have ugly pink contests, but they can be pretty too!

20230904_081111.jpg

T

Tombraider

Got an old buddy out today. Fast limits on coho, lost one biggy. Then to shore line for jigging. We hooked over 70 in 4 hrs till we had enough. Kept one chrome big boy. One more day then time out. Fish buyer is around and they be netting heavy.

Attachments

• 20230907_104227.jpg
    20230907_104227.jpg
    371.1 KB · Views: 27
  • 20230907_161042.jpg
    20230907_161042.jpg
    559.8 KB · Views: 27

Merle

Roy’s cousin
Forum Supporter
I like the fruit punch marinade, especially if there is a drain valve on that cooler to go right into the cup.
Add a shot of vodka or gin for a tasty beachside cocktail at the end of the day. 😃

Ryan Smart

Steelhead
I made it out for my first time fishing for pinks last weekend on Vancouver Island. This was my first time fishing a coastal river so it was amazing to see the numbers of fish in the river. It was a quick 2-3 hours of fishing while the rest of the family did some hiking, but managed to land 6 or 7 in that time.

I know they're not the most popular salmon species... but it sure was fun!
20230910_144123.jpg