FS Pike/Tiger Musky/Bull Trout fly/flies $20-$25ea

For Sale

kmudgn

Steelhead
Muskys: A fish of a thousand casts and $ 20 flies. The one and only time I actually brought a Musky to the net I was using a Hornberg. Figure that one out, I can't.

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
Muskys: A fish of a thousand casts and $ 20 flies. The one and only time I actually brought a Musky to the net I was using a Hornberg. Figure that one out, I can't.
all true!!!

The guys who currently put the most fish in the net (for real muskies or tigers) are always throwing smaller stuff. Buuuut, once you go bigger and bigger, it's both fun to tie and fun to fish (not really fun to cast a 14"+ fly), but that's part of what has played into me settling in to mostly fishing those smaller (by current musky standards) patterns and focusing on very specific fly movement imparted both by the angler and by the fly construction.

Shoot, one of my buddies who I took out several years ago was fishing a little saltwater streamer pattern and hooked one within a couple of hours.

Dr. Magill

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I just swam a bunch of my ties - like 2 dozen different ones
Way too flashy as far as I can see
The retrieve needs some work as well
Like a science experiment 😳

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
this will be heading out to @Anyfish ....basically my best producing color combo over the last couple of years (honestly though, I think it has far more to do with that action than anything else....I just happen to throw this color the most).

PXL_20230416_043725101~2.jpg
PXL_20230416_043733642~3.jpg

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
In all seriousness, I'm finished with the first cohort. I'll add additional details in the original post for additional style flies I'll offer (think several articulations but still a single hook 9-10" instead of 7-8")