Paintings it is what do

Capt Insano Emeritis

Legend
Forum Supporter
I have a lot of high resolution scans of fly fishing paintings and hundreds of others of different subjects. I have over the years sold quite a few. If anyone ever wondered about that. I use a service bureau to get prints made when someone orders them. I use the honor system. I get sent a request with check for something previously discussed via a PM. It is not a public discussion. My costs are depending onsize between 30-$50 for the prints. Then careful packing and shipping. I bid the cost based on an arranged request for an image and size through a pm. An exchanged address mine and theirs. Prints sent via priority mail included. So i am guessing here given my time and expense… $100( small 8x 10) to $200-ish for a 16” x20” proportions bary depending on format. I do work with folks wanting to stick with standard framing proportions available at craft stores like Michaels. Framing gallery prices have escalated in their pricing so I can help relieve that pain. I post this because no one has asked. Usually this will save me some digging time through files and many communications from the interested. Because the cost is too high. That is the way it has always been. I have spent a lot of effort doing the dance of plying clients over 40+ years only to hear crickets. Venues for shows locally have dried up. But I will always paint.

Capt Insano Emeritis

Legend
Forum Supporter
I need a little more talent
This is about it:
View attachment 60453
I think your sketch gravitates (initial thoughts) between sad frustrated confused And comical. The immediacy of cartooning the slick or nervous line… all convey feelings . I think you have something there Dr Magill. I used to teach art for awhile. Part of the work I did was to recognize and nurture inner sparks of creativity yet to flourish.

Capt Insano Emeritis

Legend
Forum Supporter
Working on a painting now. It is an impression of the view from Jeanne’s family cabin on the Washougal River. This is in progress. In the “fresh eyes” mode now. Where I stop and do something else for a while or sleep on it. Then come back to it and I see what I should do next. More thinking than painting is the general way I go about it.IMG_3232.jpeg

Brute

Legend
Forum Supporter
I have a lot of high resolution scans of fly fishing paintings and hundreds of others of different subjects. I have over the years sold quite a few. If anyone ever wondered about that. I use a service bureau to get prints made when someone orders them. I use the honor system. I get sent a request with check for something previously discussed via a PM. It is not a public discussion. My costs are depending onsize between 30-$50 for the prints. Then careful packing and shipping. I bid the cost based on an arranged request for an image and size through a pm. An exchanged address mine and theirs. Prints sent via priority mail included. So i am guessing here given my time and expense… $100( small 8x 10) to $200-ish for a 16” x20” proportions bary depending on format. I do work with folks wanting to stick with standard framing proportions available at craft stores like Michaels. Framing gallery prices have escalated in their pricing so I can help relieve that pain. I post this because no one has asked. Usually this will save me some digging time through files and many communications from the interested. Because the cost is too high. That is the way it has always been. I have spent a lot of effort doing the dance of plying clients over 40+ years only to hear crickets. Venues for shows locally have dried up. But I will always paint.
Thanks for the info…I’m interested

jact55

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
The first painting of the little dogs awaiting eagerly some attention.
This is quite wonderful. The point of view is great
I painted it for my grandparents. It was a photo they took of their dogs. My grandfather was an oiler painter, but age and shakiness took that away mostly. So my grandma sent me that photo to paint for them.
It's my favorite that I've done.