On the board...

Billy

Big poppa
Staff member
Admin
Usually I fish in January but this January I wasn't really feeling it. Cold and dark and gross outside. Well yesterday we had sunshine and 40 degrees and I thought I better get some fishing in before my work week.

This morning was 18 degrees but beautiful:Screenshot_20220201-200854.pngI did my usual slow drifts through the runs:Screenshot_20220201-200843.pngSaw a rise and missed a fish. Recasted and a nice 15 inch chunk that fought good:Screenshot_20220201-200820.pngFished a little further down and caught a nice 20 incher with a old rusted hook and swivel off it (which I removed):Screenshot_20220201-200806.png I've caught a lot of fish with old hooks and swivels here. I dont get it. 12 pound flouro works great🤷‍♂️
The sunshine was worth it!Screenshot_20220201-200710.pngMy typical fly this time of year:Screenshot_20220201-200955.png
Cheers! 🍻
Billy

Last edited:

Old Man

Just a useless Old Man.
Forum Legend
Well the temps were down to minus 13 this morning here in Butte. And since I became an oldman. I've curtailed my fishing to just the summer months. We still have snow on the ground here so really going anyplace is a no-no. Plus I haven't caught a fish in 2 years. Just getting out suits me fine. And I'm not really a big fish seeker. I'm happy what ever I catch. I fish mostly small skinny water, so the fish in these places aren't monsters. But some of these small creeks will surprise you with a good sized fish if you put your time in.(y)(y)(y):alien:

Old Man

Just a useless Old Man.
Forum Legend
I love when you use emojis @Old Man …. Give Swimmy a run for his money!
He knows what I've been doing. He likes it. I'll probably meet up with him this summer. We almost connected last summer but it didn't happen. That thumb up one (y), I thought it was the middle finger when I first saw it. I had to look closer to see it correctly.:sneaky:

Ernie

If not this, then what?
Forum Supporter
Usually I fish in January but this January I wasn't really feeling it. Cold and dark and gross outside. Well yesterday we had sunshine and 40 degrees and I thought I better get some fishing in before my work week.

This morning was 18 degrees but beautiful:View attachment 1937I did my usual slow drifts through the runs:View attachment 1938Saw a rise and missed a fish. Recasted and a nice 15 inch chunk that fought good:View attachment 1939Fished a little further down and caught a nice 20 incher with a old rusted hook and swivel off it (which I removed):View attachment 1940 I've caught a lot of fish with old hooks and swivels here. I dont get it. 12 pound flouro works great🤷‍♂️
The sunshine was worth it!View attachment 1941My typical fly this time of year:View attachment 1942
Cheers! 🍻
Billy
Nice work Billy.

Xoxo

That thumb up one (y), I thought it was the middle finger when I first saw it. I had to look closer to see it correctly.:sneaky:
Oh God, do you ever make me laugh. On the days i get overwhelmed with caring for my parents (as i did last night) I’m just going to come over and read your posts to cheer me up.

Also i cannot wait for the @swimmy and @Old Man hook up! It will need its own thread for sure and a sticky.

swimmy

An honest tune with a lingering lead
I love when you use emojis @Old Man …. Give Swimmy a run for his money!

I'm feeling the love

k2kcrNb4_o.gif

Bakerite

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Oh God, do you ever make me laugh. On the days i get overwhelmed with caring for my parents (as i did last night) I’m just going to come over and read your posts to cheer me up.

Also i cannot wait for the @swimmy and @Old Man hook up! It will need its own thread for sure and a sticky.
Think epic video of whatever they end up doing! Posted here for posterity! With reaction interviews from interested forum members!!