On the board for 2023 (warmwater, that is)!

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
This one broke the skunk....
PXL_20230505_163324342~2.jpg

I managed a couple additional fat females after this little fella. Water temps were 48-51 depending on where one was at. Won't be long...

Last edited:

Bugmeister

Staying Gold
Forum Supporter
This thread inspired me to hit a local pond today. Was hoping topwater would be on but couldn’t get more than some good follows, so switched to subsurface. Success - on the board! Managed to get a few to the net, including this little guy.

A fun day; the water was murky, the casting was kind of technical/tricky, and the takes were subtle. I missed a few and hooked and lost a chonky one. I ending up foul hooking and landing a really nice one but didn’t take a pic - felt like cheating.

47A5DD74-F417-4CD0-988E-92BF633DB72F.jpeg

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
This thread inspired me to hit a local pond today. Was hoping topwater would be on but couldn’t get more than some good follows, so switched to subsurface. Success - on the board! Managed to get a few to the net, including this little guy.

A fun day; the water was murky, the casting was kind of technical/tricky, and the takes were subtle. I missed a few and hooked and lost a chonky one. I ending up foul hooking and landing a really nice one but didn’t take a pic - felt like cheating.

View attachment 64357
Nice work!

I threw one of @Billy 's big ass poppers for a bit with no interested parties...While doable on my 7wt with a shooting head, I see why he prefers a 10wt for those flies (especially if you're throwing it all day).

Billy

Big poppa
Staff member
Admin
Nice work!

I threw one of @Billy 's big ass poppers for a bit with no interested parties...While doable on my 7wt with a shooting head, I see why he prefers a 10wt for those flies (especially if you're throwing it all day).
Which one? my memory is shit🤣