Omnia oven?

iveofione

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Anyone using one of these for camping? They get excellent reviews online but sometimes when expensive stuff gets rave reviews it is because it cost a lot and the owners need to convince themselves that the purchase wasn't a mistake. When I give a rave review it is because something has worked well for me but some products with bad design and manufacturing flaws that I know are complete crap also get rave reviews.

That is why I am asking about the Omnia. I would love to make biscuits or bread while I am camping. Coming back to camp after a cool fall day of fishing and having hot biscuits and coffee would be sublime! If the Omnia works it would easily fit in the Casa and make some some great treats for my fishing buddies and me. The Iwatani butane stove appears to be an ideal heat source and easy to control so with a couple of practice runs I could have it dialed in.

So what's the verdict, is the Omnia worth the big bucks? Have you used one and if so what are the results? The cautions? Fall camping will be here soon, biscuits and honey would be a big improvement over the usual evening fare.

Brian Miller

Be vewy vewy quiet, I'm hunting Cutthwoat Twout
Forum Supporter
I usually sort and read the negative (1 star, 2 star) and 3 star reviews first. I look for the performance issues vs [delivery, looks like an open box return, broken on arrival, looks "flimsy", won't accept returns]... Then I try to discern user error in the performance issues. I do count breakage while using - durability issues as performance problems.
For example, on the first of two one star review pages the only hard performance issue I see is
1690123375795.png
page 2 🤔 (my butane stove was highly rated because of, and in my experience has had excellent temperature control so would this really be a problem for me?)
1690123492885.png1690123552132.png 1690123601318.png
The 2 star reviews - besides the "too small (is it big enough for a solo trip?) this is interesting and begins to show an uneven heating trend with the "burns" review on the 1st page
1690124495253.png

iveofione

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
The verdict is in-a thumbs down on this. It is made of thin aluminum that assures that it will burn the bottom of whatever is being cooked. The price is outrageous for such a flimsy piece, it should probably sell for <$20 in the Dollar Store.