Official 2024 NFL Season Discussion

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
But for the record...

I'm more interested in this next Hawks season than I have been in a while. Pete brought a ton to the franchise and seems like a genuinely good dude. But it was time for a change, and I like the direction they went in. Didn't go for another retread, took a big swing on some young creative coaches. Could be very cool.

Hawks have got a lot of good pieces, they just need to get their O/D lines in order and hope that Geno can handle whatever new offense the Grubb wants to install.

Billy

Big poppa
Staff member
Admin
Some very interesting times ahead as a Seahawk fan. These are some of my big questions:
1. Who they cut and keep
2. How they go about free agency
3. The draft process
4. Who is QB
5. How Grubb and his oline guy transition to the NFL

I could go on and on. Lable me intrigued.

charles sullivan

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I am impressed with Kansas Cities defense. SF had a chance to get leverage but could not get another TD.

Mahomes was going to make some plays at some point. You have to get enough points when you have the chance.

Not sure who KC has for free agents and where they are cap wise. The difficult part of a dynasty in the NFL is determining who you can cut. There is also the coaching brain drain that happens. I am not sure what coaches may leave either.

Canuck from Kansas

Aimlessly wondering through life
Forum Supporter
Hopefully Jones re-signs with the Chiefs - Why not forgo a few dollars and be part of history. The Chiefs offer something few other teams offer, a realistic chance at the Super Bowl, and what no other team offers, the chance at history, a 3 peat. Kansas City is also a really engaged community, not that many others like it.

Go Chiefs, Go 3Peat

cheers

Clean Willy

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Some very interesting times ahead as a Seahawk fan. These are some of my big questions:
1. Who they cut and keep
2. How they go about free agency
3. The draft process
4. Who is QB
5. How Grubb and his oline guy transition to the NFL

I could go on and on. Lable me intrigued.
6. What is going to be the first play from scrimmage in the regular season? Love me some Pete Carroll but please God not a run off left tackle.

Brute

Legend
Forum Supporter
Hopefully Jones re-signs with the Chiefs - Why not forgo a few dollars and be part of history. The Chiefs offer something few other teams offer, a realistic chance at the Super Bowl, and what no other team offers, the chance at history, a 3 peat. Kansas City is also a really engaged community, not that many others like it.

Go Chiefs, Go 3Peat

cheers
I think he would look good in Silver and Black.

I could not believe it took so long to get him signed last season...I don't think he's going to give the Chefs a home town discount; those days are gone.

As for the Raiders, hope springs eternal...again. I like our coaches, but we need to trade up and get a qb this draft...I don't think Bo Nix will still be on the board for the 13th pick in the first round...

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter

I could not believe it took so long to get him signed last season...I don't think he's going to give the Chefs a home town discount; those days are gone.

As for the Raiders, hope springs eternal...again. I like our coaches, but we need to trade up and get a qb this draft...I don't think Bo Nix will still be on the board for the 13th pick in the first round...
I'm kinda hoping Broncos end up with Nix. I like his game....seems like a good fit with what Payton wants to do as well.

albula

We are all Bozos on this bus
Forum Supporter

Go Chiefs, Go 3Peat

cheers
I had somehow forgotten that you are a Chiefs fan but now I remember. No further reminders are necessary for a while.

Brute

Legend
Forum Supporter
I'm kinda hoping Broncos end up with Nix. I like his game....seems like a good fit with what Payton wants to do as well.
With Hairball & Peyton in the division, the AFC West may be the toughest division this season…

albula

We are all Bozos on this bus
Forum Supporter

up2nogood

Steelhead
Forum Supporter

Go Chiefs, Go 3Peat

cheers
Sneed also !!!

SurfnFish

Legend
Forum Supporter
I am impressed with Kansas Cities defense. SF had a chance to get leverage but could not get another TD.

Mahomes was going to make some plays at some point. You have to get enough points when you have the chance.

Not sure who KC has for free agents and where they are cap wise. The difficult part of a dynasty in the NFL is determining who you can cut. There is also the coaching brain drain that happens. I am not sure what coaches may leave either.
KC is retaining all their coaches...their off season challenge is trying to meet Chris Jones next contract demands as he becomes a free agent. As to Mahomes, there are no more superlatives to offer up, he is simply the best to ever play the position.

well, maybe their new QB will be the same guy who just purchased a minority interest in the Raiders's..
1707785071554.png

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
They will rework Mahomes’s contact to free up cap space to help retain Jones and Sneed. I’ve read they want to get his cap number down in the 20 mil range which would generate about $37 mil in cap space.
His contract is huge but fairly team friendly with less guaranteed money.
SF

SurfnFish

Legend
Forum Supporter
Niners should make an offer of multiple players to the Chiefs for Chris...start with the idiot backup tight end whose holding call killed a first down on the 15 and instead marched them backwards, and the moron corner who had the punt hit his foot and then got burned on the TD a few plays later, definitely the idiot punt returner who tried to scoop and run instead of diving on said ball after hitting said idiots foot, throw in Young who ran out of gas as usual in the second half, and finally add in the continually injured Deebo as well...he just ain't what he used to be, and since Shanahan apparently can't resist making him the primary over two damn good healthy receivers, he obviously requires the intervention..

'Other than that, did you enjoy the play Mrs. Lincoln?'