North Vancouver island

rotato

Steelhead
Greetings,
I am planning a last minute trip to the island and am stoked to explore the northern region. An eon ago I got off a boat in Port Hardy and hitchhiked to Victoria. As we trundled south in the back of a pickup I was hit by the raw beauty of the land. So I want to go back and explore. Open to lakes, rivers or salt. Do you folks have any suggestions?

Thanks
cheers

Jim in Anacortes

Life of the Party
I would like to visit some of the petroglyphs (Indian rock art). I've been to many rock art sites in the U.S., but some of the ones on Vancouver Island are quite special. A quick google search will tell you where to (easily) find some of them. A more in depth study of them (and other locations) is indeed fascinating. San Juan Island has some. Also, Lummi Island has at least one location.

Kfish

Flyologist
Forum Supporter
Greetings,
I am planning a last minute trip to the island and am stoked to explore the northern region. An eon ago I got off a boat in Port Hardy and hitchhiked to Victoria. As we trundled south in the back of a pickup I was hit by the raw beauty of the land. So I want to go back and explore. Open to lakes, rivers or salt. Do you folks have any suggestions?

Thanks
cheers
I'll text you what I know :)