North Bend Douchebag Poacher Busted

Long_Rod_Silvers

Elder Millennial
Forum Supporter
What a POS....
Glad they got him. Interesting reading about how they can cross reference your OnX.

Jake Watrous

Legend
Forum Supporter
Don't forget to get a burner 'gram account too.
This is what always throws me. Seems like most of these folks post shit on social media and elsewhere that is then used as evidence against them. I mean that’s good for law enforcement, but shocking that folks continue to post their illegal exploits.

Long_Rod_Silvers

Elder Millennial
Forum Supporter
This is what always throws me. Seems like most of these folks post shit on social media and elsewhere that is then used as evidence against them. I mean that’s good for law enforcement, but shocking that folks continue to post their illegal exploits.
First couple times I was shocked. But now I get less and less shocked every time something like this happens. Stupid people do stupid things. I guess I just need to accept that, and the fact that as the population grows, there is a (somewhat) relatively similar increase in dummies.
These are likely the same people who make ludicrous comments on social media as if it's not even a real person they're talking to.
They view the social media world as an alternate reality where nothing they say and do within it has any consequence.

CRequa

Steelhead
Is the result of mom's and dad's working endless hours paying the bills, and the harness the state has put on fathers, we have as a result lost the fear of being honorable and righteous, we are told not to spank our kids by politicians and pundits that commit sex crimes

Tom Butler

Grandpa, Small Stream Fanatic
Forum Supporter
"You get what you earn. Nothing more, nothing less”
stocks.jpg
One of my old rod men is now a police officer. At the block party he was telling me he spends a couple days a week writing warrants for phone and app data. The new DNA in crime fighting. They do need probable cause. I would guess a post is cause.

Jake Watrous

Legend
Forum Supporter
Is the result of mom's and dad's working endless hours paying the bills, and the harness the state has put on fathers, we have as a result lost the fear of being honorable and righteous, we are told not to spank our kids by politicians and pundits that commit sex crimes
When I was a kid there was a lot of poaching in our area. Every dad I knew, poacher or no, spanked their kids for discipline. As I grew older I saw that most of the children of poachers kept the family hunting tradition alive.

Alcohol abuse among teens and adults was rampant, high school graduation rate was about 60%, drug use was a big problem for adults and teens, and petty crime was a pastime for many.

Anecdotal, but I'm not convinced spanking improved society.

SurfnFish

Legend
Forum Supporter
When I was a kid there was a lot of poaching in our area. Every dad I knew, poacher or no, spanked their kids for discipline. As I grew older I saw that most of the children of poachers kept the family hunting tradition alive.

Alcohol abuse among teens and adults was rampant, high school graduation rate was about 60%, drug use was a big problem for adults and teens, and petty crime was a pastime for many.

Anecdotal, but I'm not convinced spanking improved society.
show me someone who smacks their kids, and I'll be looking at an asshole

nwbobber

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I'm glad that one douchebag found justice. On whether spanking kids is useful or not... I can say I was raised in the era when it was common, but my siblings and I received few of them. rather we learned to be honorable by parents who demonstrated honorable behavior. I think that was more important, as throughout my raising I was most afraid of disappointing my folks, who I looked up to greatly, not getting a spanking.
My guess is this jerk was raised by people who take no responsibility for themselves, blame everything bad that happens them on the gubbermint or something, and his kids will end up the same.