NFL 2022 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
I know everyone is following this, but this what I’ve been waiting and wanting to hear:

And:
Damar Hamlin’s agent Ron Butler told CNN the injured Buffalo Bills player is awake and has been holding hands with family in the hospital.
Hell yeah. That's awesome news

iveofione

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Honestly, the NFL needed to make a decision on the end of the game days ago. The MNF should have been resumed Tuesday and forfeits handed out if one or both team chose not to play. It was a single, albeit ugly and tragic, on-field injury. Giving these teams an extra bye week going into divisional games, each with implications for the AFC playoffs, reeks of anti-competitiveness and favoritism towards two of their recent prime-time media darlings.
Honestly, I call bullshit on your entire post. Your concentration camp mentality appears bereft of any human empathy.

Wadin' Boot

Badly tied flies, mediocre content
Forum Supporter
And:
Damar Hamlin’s agent Ron Butler told CNN the injured Buffalo Bills player is awake and has been holding hands with family in the hospital.
Well that would make sense if they instituted a 72 hour cooling protocol to get the first positive update about now. Typically for a cardiac arrest resuscitation patient they will be cooled to 32-33 degrees Celsius, heavily sedated, brain turned off for 72 hours. Outcomes neurologically are better if this occurs. That's why there was no real updates for days. Then they re-warm and wait for the sedation to wear off. If you are extraordinarily lucky, and the resuscitation started within 2-3 minutes and pulse was restored in that time frame, the outcomes can be good. The majority of patients who undergo resuscitation do not do very well because the restoration of pulse was too late.

Squeezing hands to command is a good sign, hopefully the message above is correct. This is entering the timeframe where if there was a positive outcome you would know it only now.

Yard Sale

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Apparently the dude asked if they won the game! Guess that means its okay to play again.

One of the Niner reporters noted that the team made a psychologist available to the players and family members. Said it was mostly the wives that came in for help. Lot of layers to this onion.

I'm guessing both teams would be okay with getting a tie for that game and moving on. Be an interesting match up if they meet again, which seems likely(I didn't check the brackets).

Nick Clayton

Fishing Is Neat
Forum Supporter
Ya, it's crazy that in this every week scenario of a player having to be given cpr on the field in front of friends and family that we aren't discussing what's truly important....playoff seeding.

JFC. I'm glad that sports aren't that important to me.

cody-

Steelhead
Sincerest apologies for misinterpreting the purpose of a discussion board. I'll edit my recent comments to limit any possible discussion arising from them.

Billy

Big poppa
Staff member
Admin

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
Ya, it's crazy that in this every week scenario of a player having to be given cpr on the field in front of friends and family that we aren't discussing what's truly important....playoff seeding.

JFC. I'm glad that sports aren't that important to me.
The fact that both teams seem on board with this speaks volumes.

Status
Not open for further replies.