NFL 2022 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mossback

Fear My Powerful Emojis 😆
Forum Supporter
Yeah, hard to wade through the bs last night to get some info.
It could be a decent source on breaking news stuff, but the bigger the breaking event, the higher percentage of fuktards shitposting garbage show up.
The flat out lies and such left me wondering if 90% of the posters there have IQ's of less than double digits.

#sad

Travis Bille

I am El Asso Wipo!!!!!
Forum Supporter
The NFL ignoring and then lying about a player safety issue? If only there was something in the past that we could look at to help us with some context as to if the NFL has a history of being truthful. {checks notes} Oh, well I guess there was this little thing. Okay, sure. But it's not like the NFL has recently let a game continue after a player got taken away in an ambulance due to a terrifying injury. The last time that happened was at least {checks notes} three months ago.

In any case, I'll be fucked if I'm going to believe someone who uses "frankly" three times in one paragraph. That sounds like someone who is trying hard to sound #VERYSINCERE.

Occam's Razor rules the day here.
100% agree with you. I think the NFL has learned every bit of cynicism and skepticism they get.

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
Forum Supporter
Yeah, hard to wade through the bs last night to get some info.
It could be a decent source on breaking news stuff, but the bigger the breaking event, the higher percentage of fuktards shitposting garbage show up.
The flat out lies and such left me wondering if 90% of the posters there have IQ's of less than double digits.

#sad
So...for me when it comes to things like this I have learned to be patient and let things progress at their own pace. I'll learn what I want to know when it becomes readily available. I don't need to be the first to know everything first or find out right fucking now. And I am not going to jump in the pool with the twitiots.

Old Man

Just a useless Old Man.
Forum Legend
Jim,
I'm obviously not a doctor, but I wonder if this may have been the cause of last nights incident.
He did take a shot to the chest from the receiver when he tackled him.
SF

I have seen the one doctors said what could of happened to the player. You learn something new everyday.

I was going to comment on the 5 minutes to warm up statement. They said that 5 minutes wasn't enough time to warm. It made me think about half time where they have a 20 minute wait until they go at each other again. After that 20 minute period they come out and play. No warm up required. Some times these announcers open their mouths before to engage their brains. If there was some way to watch a game without listening to those people I would. But I would lose something in not listening to them. I feel that they just talk to god damn much.

Peyton00

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Omj
I have a tough time watching an entire game, thou in my 50's, it has happened
I prefer no sound. I will walk in and catch a few plays and if in the red zone, i may even sit down.
I will peek in and check the score.
To sit and watch football all day is a day wasted.

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
To sit and watch football all day is a day wasted.
I think for many it's that way. For me, there's two things that will get me to just sit, relax, and not fiddle with getting work done on my laptop or other things: Videogames and football games. My brain and body get very few other real "breaks." It's nice to just have something to sit me down and do nothing for a couple hours. Otherwise, I never stop, and I'll keep going until I hit burnout.

I have 6 other full days to be productive.

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
This is me. And very much something I'm working on in therapy 🤷‍♂️.
My wife (and I) jokes that me going fishing nearly every weekend is cheaper than therapy (shhhhh, let's just keep that one going as long as possible).... :LOL:

But honestly, that's usually the only way I can more or less shut my brain off of outside influences (probably has more to do with the solitude than anything else. If I want to raise my blood pressure, I'll just watch any football game of my favorite team from the last 8 years.

mcswny

Legend
Forum Supporter
My wife (and I) jokes that me going fishing nearly every weekend is cheaper than therapy (shhhhh, let's just keep that one going as long as possible).... :LOL:

But honestly, that's usually the only way I can more or less shut my brain off of outside influences (probably has more to do with the solitude than anything else. If I want to raise my blood pressure, I'll just watch any football game of my favorite team from the last 8 years.

Ha! Same, except I'm too far gone for it to be JUST fishing ;)

Sorry for the thread drift!

FinLuver

Native Oregonian…1846
I have seen the one doctors said what could of happened to the player. You learn something new everyday.

I was going to comment on the 5 minutes to warm up statement. They said that 5 minutes wasn't enough time to warm. It made me think about half time where they have a 20 minute wait until they go at each other again. After that 20 minute period they come out and play. No warm up required. Some times these announcers open their mouths before to engage their brains. If there was some way to watch a game without listening to those people I would. But I would lose something in not listening to them. I feel that they just talk to god damn much.
There is…
It’s called 80s Rock 🤘🏼😁🤘🏼

albula

We are all Bozos on this bus
Forum Supporter
Telling quote from 13 year veteran Ephraim Salaam, " I played professional football so my children wouldn't have to."

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
Forum Supporter
I like the idea of not finishing that game and using their winning % for seeding.

Brute

Legend
Forum Supporter
I like the idea of not finishing that game and using their winning % for seeding.
I think this is what happens…

While the Raiders season has been over for weeks, we can impact the seeding in the AFC this Saturday in Allegiant against the Chiefs…

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
Honestly, the NFL needed to make a decision on the end of the game days ago. The MNF should have been resumed Tuesday and forfeits handed out if one or both team chose not to play. It was a single, albeit ugly and tragic, on-field injury. Giving these teams an extra bye week going into divisional games, each with implications for the AFC playoffs, reeks of anti-competitiveness and favoritism towards two of their recent prime-time media darlings.
Eh, this one was different. These teams basically watched one of their peers die on the field (then rescuscitated). There is trauma and mental health to consider here, and both teams were really, even visibly, taking it pretty hard. Asking them to trot back out there while they're still coping isn't the answer, either, and I'm glad they didn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.