NFL 2022 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

cody-

Steelhead
The complete dismantling of the Chargers earlier this year by the Jaguars broke a several year losing streak on the west coast and this broke a 20 game losing streak to NFC teams.

Lawrence's development over the course of this season has been great. And the mistakes that are still being made will be easy enough to fix, e.g., getting hit and fumbling after scrambling for the first down instead of sliding like the fourth quarter of this game.

I've watched too many Jags games to believe they would pull it off. I had actually turned off the game only to turn it back on two minutes later when I saw we had the ball back. Glad to be proven wrong though. Also, Evan Engram on the game tying drive dragging a defender halfway across the field to get an elbow out of bounds to stop the clock was so impressive. It deserves makes the cut for the SNF highlights from this game but we all know it will be Cowboys this and Cowturds that until they show the final interception.

Feels good. This year is a success even if we can't pull out the division win and a playoff appearance.

DimeBrite

Saltwater fly fisherman

Dumbest final play in NFL history! Negative 20 yards in laterals with the second going to the wrong Jones. The stiff arm on Mac Jones salted the wound.

Last edited:

Xoxo

Bruce Baker

Steelhead
I have a question for the experts and both Jim Nance and Tony Romo did not explain things. In the Tampa Bay game, the Cincy QB tapped his left foot back to put a receiver in motion. Then before the snap he moved his left foot back and kept it back just before the snap. It caused Tampa Bay to jump and they were called for offsides. In the replay, Romo said he could not do that and the refs missed an illegal procedure call, but did not elaborate. So I have couple of questions.
1. Can a QB only tap his foot once before the snap when under the center?
2. So was it illegal procedure because he moved his foot twice or because on second time he do not move foot back?

It seems like when they are in the shotgun, they can lift their leg a couple of times, so I was wondering what the rule(s) is(are) for this.

Thanks

Peyton00

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Anybody picking the hawks for an outright win today?

I am taking the hawks with the +10 point spread.

Go Hawks!

Xoxo

Anybody picking the hawks for an outright win today?

I am taking the hawks with the +10 point spread.

Go Hawks!
I too have high hopes today! @Peyton00 … or are you joking? Our guys are going to play their hearts out .They have come this far and they aren’t giving up. I’m not either.

I say we win by a field goal.

Peyton00

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I too have high hopes today! @Peyton00 … or are you joking? Our guys are going to play their hearts out .They have come this far and they aren’t giving up. I’m not either.

I say we win by a field goal.

I think hawks lose by 9.

Status
Not open for further replies.