New Frankenkara…..

RCF

Life of the Party
Custom color on grip???

Sorry that happened to you. I know the feeling - had a deep cut in my hand from sheet metal when building my metal carport recently. Took about 3 weeks for it to feel better.

BTW I Hope you are up to date on tetanus shot.

Last edited:

Bambooflyguy

Life of the Party
That custom color reminded me of the movie Bad Santa…..the kid carved Billy Bob a wooden pickle and was brown from his blood….

Bambooflyguy

Life of the Party
So back out in my cold shop yesterday…..carved a bit more on the grip….blood free! Then I went to my bamboo stash and got three pieces, did the scarfs came out to be 7’ 6” Lots of crazy ideas rattling around my brain on this rod. I guarantee…..definitely one of a kind!
IMG_3691.jpegIMG_3690.jpeg

Last edited:

Bambooflyguy

Life of the Party
See that funny hole at the end of the grip?? And no it’s not a reel….I’m filling it with something different and cool…..but what a stinking mess shaping the “hole filler” with a super nasty cloud of dust! Two days worth…..cough….hack!!

Bambooflyguy

Life of the Party
So I put out another challenge to you bamboo builders…..this rod is going to combine the best of both worlds. No reel but guides so you don’t have to just roll cast and can strip the line and easier to net a fish. It’s far from traditional but neither is a modern graphite telescoping tenkara rod. Picture this latest with guides…..when’s the last time you were really challenged fly fishing? Not talking about rivers/currents…..I know you guys have blanks/strips not quite worthy of fly rods lying around……

RCF

Life of the Party
Now that’s funny right there RCF…..until my indicator goes under and I spill my shot of Crown!

Think of the tug as a dinner bell. Bottoms Up! That way you will never spill a drop...

You may want to avoid 25 fish days though...

Last edited:

Bambooflyguy

Life of the Party
So I have to put this together in steps….I wrapped the tip section guides except for the scarf joint guides….then a couple guides on the mid….then glue the scarfs……then sand and Tru Oil them….then wrap those guides….finish all of the guides with Threadmaster…..finally attach the butt section to complete the project! Whew!
PS….the hole is filled and lookin good!

Bambooflyguy

Life of the Party
The Threadmaster is curing as I type……not the prettiest thing outta my shop but definitely one of the most unique! Going fishing tomorrow…finishing it Friday so pictures then. Really curious to lawn cast it! Last chance to guess what’s filling the hole??

BriGuy

Life of the Party
The Threadmaster is curing as I type……not the prettiest thing outta my shop but definitely one of the most unique! Going fishing tomorrow…finishing it Friday so pictures then. Really curious to lawn cast it! Last chance to guess what’s filling the hole??

A jar of Powerbait? 😁

Actually, Crown would have been my first guess, but it was already taken.

Jim F.

Still a Genuine Montana Fossil
Really curious to lawn cast it! Last chance to guess what’s filling the hole??
Since Tenkara is minimalist, some type of holder for a very few flies?

Bambooflyguy

Life of the Party
I fished it yesterday…..more like cast it yesterday. Zero for zero on a lake that supposedly was stocked recently, saw four little trout caught. I used a 35’ piece of 4wt dry line with an indicator, next time I think a 5wt would cast better. I find the rod is tip heavy (no Hardy to balance it!) and no fish to make it tip heavy…..at least the mother of pearl shines in the sunshine! Maybe next time…..