Never been east of Spokane

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
Have fun Dave!
SF

RCF

Life of the Party
As @Old Man has said a number of times regarding Idaho and Montana "if the water is moving, it has fish in it".

Been fishing there 50+ years. Favorite place to fish.

Good luck and enjoy....

Last edited:

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
We better see some photos in this trip report!

Have a great trip!

Jim F.

Still a Genuine Montana Fossil
Have a blast!

Reactions: HOG

Old Man

Just a useless Old Man.
Forum Legend
I've decided that this year sucks as far as me going and doing any kind of fishing, So this is one for the books. I've had a fucked up year. The mind was willing but the body wasn't. Going to just have to grin and bare it. I hope next year is a whole lot better.

Florida Man

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I've decided that this year sucks as far as me going and doing any kind of fishing, So this is one for the books. I've had a fucked up year. The mind was willing but the body wasn't. Going to just have to grin and bare it. I hope next year is a whole lot better.
Fingers crossed on a great 2023 for you Old Man.

Reactions: Zak

Dave Boyle

Life of the Party
We’ve just arrived at Craig. Was spotting trout off the bridge. Omfg. Some pigs. An amazing river and haven’t got my feet wet yet…Swimmy, OMJ, Jim FIcklin and others, you lucky souls. I’m like a kid in Xmas eve but I know it is every day. The scenery alone has burst my soul.

Dave

Attachments

• A4BA22E3-9431-4E99-93F0-E408E785F7FD.jpeg
    A4BA22E3-9431-4E99-93F0-E408E785F7FD.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 32

Old Man

Just a useless Old Man.
Forum Legend
I might live here in Montana and fish every once in a while. But I tend to stay away from the big Skinny water. It's just to damn big for me.. I like the smaller Skinny water, where you can hit the opposite bank from the opposite bank and not worry that you casted to far. Plus small water is easier to figure out. And some of the water you can see the fish swim and play. Where I tend to fish the fish run to 18". But stay close to 10" to 16".Same variety as the bigger water.

DoesItFloat

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Did three weeks bouncing around Montana back in May/June. Regret not swinging the Missouri, though the Madison was pretty nice. Next time, I'm heading straight to Craig.