NBA Playoffs 2023

SurfnFish

Legend
Forum Supporter
Celtics have an excellent starting lineup, their achilles heel deeper in the playoffs may well be their low scoring bench.
Sacremento Kings may well surprise the hell out of everybody...excellent coach, Fox is on a tear, team is young, fast and willing to rumble.
Speaking of, Green the first true thug since Lambeer

Bugmeister

Staying Gold
Forum Supporter
@SurfnFish funny you bring up the Kings. I have never lived in Sacramento, but am a long suffering Kings fan. They are finally back in the playoffs after a long drought.

Yard Sale

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Life long dubs fan. Kings making them look old and slow. They've been road dogs plenty of times and usually steal game 2 and are off to the races. That ref crew was all over the place(to both sides, no bias accused). Sometimes they would let them play, sometimes they would call an arm touch. Frustrating. I'll admit its too quick for me to see, but I do ask for them to be consistent throughout the game.

Dubs are in a big hole, but they have been very good at home. 2-2 seems possible, then a 3 game series. I have zero reasons to doubt the Kings can rise to the occasion, they seem super solid, but that would be a tough test for a young team. Either way they seem well ahead of schedule.

As for Green, he has a checkered past for sure. But grab a guys ankle when he's trying to get out of there, you get what you deserve. I saw one pundit say "slap somebody, expect to get punched".

SurfnFish

Legend
Forum Supporter
am a Warriors fan going back to the days of Rick Barry and Attles.
Greene would have got away with just being tossed out - and Sabonis certainly deserved to be full weight stepped off of, not kicked (an Oscar for the acting job?) - only he went into full Greene Mode, taunting the fans, yelling they were 'pussies'..with the NBA commish sitting on the front row watching the spectacle. And that's Green core problem - energizer for the team, can't control himself at times, likely cost the dubs a fifth championship with his groin shot to LeBron that got him tossed in 2016
Sports center ran a clip of Greene's 'best moments', cheap shot after cheap shot. And his punching Poole during training camp? Poole hasn't been the same since, and neither have the warriors. He'll be gone after this season as it is, he wants to go to the Lakers, and the Warriors are ready to move on.

SSPey

loco alto!
I fully expect the East will win it all if key starters stay healthy, only wish it was my personal favorite 76ers instead of the Celtics or Bucks

Brute

Legend
Forum Supporter
Watching the Celtics-Hawks game, eating jerk chicken, Island style braised oxtail & coconut crusted grouper…

Yard Sale

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Dubs-Kings living up to the hype. Both holding home court, but each with a last second 3 to win it that missed. 3 game series now.
Fox's mid-range is unstoppable. Kid is going to be a star for a long time. Hopefully he has to wait one more year to take it from Curry.
Fun series to watch!

Yard Sale

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Be nice if the Suns series got extended. Been some close games even without Kawhi or PG. Feels like they are getting off easy!

Brute

Legend
Forum Supporter
Be nice if the Suns series got extended. Been some close games even without Kawhi or PG. Feels like they are getting off easy!
I feel bad for the Clippers…on paper they should always go deep in the playoffs…but injuries have been their Achilles heel. I actually like Kawai, especially when he was with the Spurs & Raptors…but I’d like to see Chris Paul get a ring if my C’s don’t make it to the championship…

Yard Sale

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I feel bad for the Clippers…on paper they should always go deep in the playoffs…but injuries have been their Achilles heel. I actually like Kawai, especially when he was with the Spurs & Raptors…but I’d like to see Chris Paul get a ring if my C’s don’t make it to the championship…

Almost as glorious as my Dubs run has been is watching "CP3" not even sniff a championship. Dude just doesn't play the game the right way....

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
Jimmy Stud Butler...
I was a Bulls fan for years (as in, when MJ was drafted)....until he left. I'm basically a Jimmy fan so hopefully his Heat take care of business...and quick. But damn, what a show he put on last night!

SurfnFish

Legend
Forum Supporter
Wiggins is playing hella good for a guy who has been out months, obviously wasn't sitting on his ass during that time. As to Steph...friggin Unicorn, sensational talent and anti-thug role model. The Dubs are coming together at exactly the right time, and if they can close out the Kings and remain injury free, may just storm their way to the Finals.

Yard Sale

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Man, the Kings gave them everything they could handle. Then Steph goes and does Steph things. That was a great series to watch. Now I gotta wonder if they have anything left for the Lakers. Guessing they will get blown out in game 1 then have to claw back. Weird to have home court as a 6 seed.

Brute

Legend
Forum Supporter
Looking for a 2nd round opener win against the Sixers…not sure how healthy Imbid is.

Also hoping Jimmy Butler’s ankle is not as bad as it looked last night when he rolled it late in the game.