NFR Names for Upcoming Kiddo

Non-fishing related

Hobbyranch

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I have a baby girl on the way basically any day now. We have been tossing names around for months and months and really struggling with kid #2. Looking for some inspiration especially PNW and outdoor themes. Extra credit for a winning name starting with B. Let's see what you got!
Bay. And Congratulations!

Otter

Steelhead
Congrats! How about Bella? I think it means beautiful, in a few languages.
I would resist the trend these days of using a “unique” spelling, or your daughter will be doomed with a lifetime of having to spell her name to people.
One example; Bailey, Bailee, Baileigh, Bailie, Baillee, Baillie, Baily, Baley, Baylee, Bayley, Bayly.

Jake Watrous

Legend
Forum Supporter
Keta
Neah
Onchorynchus
Hoh

Baetis
Bogey
Baker
Blane
Bugger

Last edited:

jasmillo

}=)))*>
Forum Supporter
Did not cross check reco’s so I assume some of these have been mentioned already…

Bee
Brook
Blossom
Bay
Bayou
Beech
Birch
Bogey
Butte (I don’t know, kids can be mean….)

Some fly fishing themed ones
Barby
Beady
Bobbin
Batten (middle name Kill :))

Divad

Whitefish
Baylynn (for all the bays and sounds nice)
Baylah
Brinna (spin off from Brinnon)
Buena (plant in the PNW)

Also congratulations on the baby girl!

Last edited:

mtskibum16

Life of the Party
Some solid outdoor B names in here folks. I started to quote post them but it was getting redundant. Nice suggestions though! Some potentials in here I think!

My kid's name is Bert ;)
My wife is a fan of male-ish names for girls. Don't think Bert will pass the muster though. ha

Congrats! How about Bella? I think it means beautiful, in a few languages.
I would resist the trend these days of using a “unique” spelling, or your daughter will be doomed with a lifetime of having to spell her name to people.
One example; Bailey, Bailee, Baileigh, Bailie, Baillee, Baillie, Baily, Baley, Baylee, Bayley, Bayly.
I hadn't realized this was a thing until recently. I always liked Hailey and trying to force the B thing got me to Bailey. But the crazy spellings are out of control.

TicTokCroc

Sunkist and Sudafed
That could go badly...

Chantrelle - could be shortened to Elle for every day use.

No on Brooke. The Brooke/Brooklyns I have known we all lady's lacking of "moral character " my apologies to any wives and special ladies out there named Brooke.

I like Birdie and Aurora, a friend's daughter is named Aurora.

Don't take my advice. We named one of our girls after a cereal killer?