N. Idaho

I fished Thursday, Friday, and Sunday this week. The fishing continues to be spectacular!

Thursday I did a guide trip for a father and (adult) son from Orange County CA. They had never fished this part of the county and were amazed by its beauty…the fish were eager to eat. I always give my best effort when guiding but when I get a father/son in the boat, the level of enthusiasm gets elevated for me. I know how important those days are for me and I feel fortunate to be a part of any father/son outing.

I had no intention of fishing Friday but got a call late Thursday night from the outfitter I work for and he had an open seat with a client who is a mutual friend. Our friend requested that I jump in with them for the day. Twist my arm…not only did I get to fish with an old friend, I had the opportunity to fish with a legendary guide and add to my personal ”tool box”. It was an epic day! Big fish eating dries all day AND we had a bear swim the river right in front of us.

I was supposed to guide again on Sunday but the trip got cancelled that morning…no big deal. I had the day to fish and was already up the river so I grabbed a buddy and went I to an area I had never fished before. It was as good as I had hoped it would be and some of the prettiest water I have ever fished.

I didn’t get many good pics this week. I don’t photograph folks with my camera when I’m guiding and two friends I fishEd with don’t like having their picture taken. They are both great fishermen and AWESOME dudes but equally awful photographers😂. 543068FE-F4BF-4D17-A86E-FF1E9E58E859.jpegE5142F5F-33AF-463C-BB9C-50D27381DC58.jpeg6B0DE035-BFA1-4E90-BE31-B47C14903976.jpeg78D66E5B-800A-4703-8264-0A7818C2CBB8.jpeg
That is actually the moon at about 11:00 pm. My phone added light to it and made it appear as a sunset.

GAT

Dumbfounded
Forum Supporter
Certainly looks like the rivers I've fished up that way. Back in the "good ol' days" three of us would drive over in the Fall and never see another angler on the rivers.... and a ton of dry fly action for the cutts.

My fishing buddies learned long ago, primarily when I was writing flyfishing articles, that if they fished with me, they would end up as a fish catching and releasing model. They became very good at modeling because there was always the chance their photos would end up in a national flyfishing magazine.... and many did.

Regardless, N. Idaho is not a terrible place to fish :D

Coach Potter

Life of the Party
In fairness to one of the guys, he's a famous person who is very sensitive to what little privacy he has left. The other guy needs to get over it:ROFLMAO: