My old hometown got flooded

mcswny

Legend
Forum Supporter
We lived in Montpelier, VT before moving to Washington. This silent drone video of the flooding there two days ago makes me sad for the homes and businesses that must be full of mud and silt.

my wife flew back east on sunday, she got delayed for 12 hours because ny got something like 6 inches in a couple hours

Reactions: Zak

brownheron

corvus ossifragus
Ouch! I feel bad for those folks.

Zak - as you know, my kid will be headed to your alma mater in two weeks. I had pushed her to get a place in Montpelier but she ended up in Lebanon. Glad she didn't take my advice!

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
That has to be a bummer seeing places you know we’ll get flooded like that.
Hopefully everyone is ok and they can begin the rebuild process soon.
SF

Salmo_g

Legend
Forum Supporter
Looks like unprecedented flooding. I was following the story of Appalachian Trail hikers. The trail crosses a creek that was nearly dry a few days ago, and hikers were sitting on large rocks on a mid-creek gravel bar eating lunch. Four days later that same creek was a flooded raging river that couldn't be crossed. Lots of hikers taking a forced break in their trips with campsites turned into knee-deep mud. I think much of Vermont has been declared a disaster area. I'm not sure about New Hampshire and Maine. I wish the affected people the best of luck as they begin to dry out and clean up the aftermath of the flooding.

albula

We are all Bozos on this bus
Forum Supporter
We lived in Montpelier, VT before moving to Washington. This silent drone video of the flooding there two days ago makes me sad for the homes and businesses that must be full of mud and silt.

My birthplace and home town albeit many years ago. In fact my brother still lives there and just returned from our sojourn to Norway in time to find, luckily, minimal damage to his house. And it is painful to see familiar landmark buildings downtown partially under water.

Brute

Legend
Forum Supporter
My daughter is in Vermont for a couple months now…the flooding in her area was pretty bad, but the water is subsiding…

Zak

Legend
Ouch! I feel bad for those folks.

Zak - as you know, my kid will be headed to your alma mater in two weeks. I had pushed her to get a place in Montpelier but she ended up in Lebanon. Glad she didn't take my advice!
There are some nice parts of Lebanon, NH and she will be glad of the resources that nearby Dartmouth College/Hanover offer.

dirty dog

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Yep, flooding is sad.
I lived in Ashland, OR many years ago and late one winter where was a warming trend and Ashland creek flooded.
I could not get into my favorite tavern for my breakfast beer.
Boy, were those the days