My latest build #4

flybill

Life of the Party
Beautiful build! Love the blue accents and wraps! Will you seal the cork, or leave it as is? Just curious! Cheers!

Denwor54

Life of the Party
Beautiful build! Love the blue accents and wraps! Will you seal the cork, or leave it as is? Just curious! Cheers!
I haven’t sealed the cork yet, i have wrapped this rod yet which it will be more natural colors. The blue and green wrapped rod is my 3rd rod and thanks for the kind words.

albula

We are all Bozos on this bus
Forum Supporter
Clean work, Dennis. Much respect for taking this on.

Jim F.

Still a Genuine Montana Fossil
Absolutely gorgeous!

Denwor54

Life of the Party
Thanks guys, as I progress in this learning curve each rod is getting better with both techniques and finish and action. My next three builds will be the same and I’m going to mix in my first single hander more to come.

@Dryflyphotography

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I'm always curious if I'll ever find the ideal 9' hollow built, medium-fast single hand rod...if you ever build one I'd love to try it out. My 8-1/2' Chris Carlin is fabulous but I do wish it was just 3"-6" longer. If you ever want to try out my Carlin out of curiosity you're welcome to do so.

Denwor54

Life of the Party
I’m going to start another 12 1/2 6/7 and I going to build a 9 1/2 to 10 ft 6 wght spliced single hand rod which may be 2-3 pc. Haven’t decided yet on how may pieces but I do have the cane flamed and ready to spilt. I also have a Holbrook 9 ft 6-7 weight and a 9 ft 3 inch Red willow that is really nice. I will bring these rods to the fling and your welcome to cast them. And my rods will be 5 sided and med fast which I prefer with cane.

Kado

Steelhead
Really nice! Your friend still has time to maybe hook a winter run too.....although he might have to break it off : ).