Met this guy this morning!

Merle

Roy’s cousin
Forum Supporter
Oh wow, was he up here in WA? Last I heard he has moved to Utah.

Never met Dec but emailed him once with some questions about Spey casting and he was super cool and helpful.

flybill

Life of the Party
Oh wow, was he up here in WA? Last I heard he has moved to Utah.

Never met Dec but emailed him once with some questions about Spey casting and he was super cool and helpful.
He's up here til Monday I believe... not sure if he's teaching another class tomorrow or not! He was up with Emerald Anglers.. if I had known I would have brought his book up to sign... another time! He has a new book out that I'll track down at Emerald Anglers, Avid or somewhere.. love to support my local shops!!

He does like in Utah!

Amazon product ASIN 0692118403

flybill

Life of the Party
Just checking out Emerald Waters site and he's teaching again tomorrow.. some lucky students! I watched his casting with a friend.. so smooth and his timing is just about perfect!! Tempted to take my book down and get it signed, but don't want to bother or interrupt his class!

I'm a very good spey and single handed caster and would take a class with him, just to refine my cast!!

Merle

Roy’s cousin
Forum Supporter
Was going to go back out to Fall City today to get my book signed! Turns out it was already signed! Ha!View attachment 93381View attachment 93382
When I got Trey Combs book back in the 90’s I thought it would be so cool to get it signed by Trey plus as many of the still living people featured in the “Great Anglers” section of the book. But sadly I never did and now most of those guys are gone.

flybill

Life of the Party
When I got Trey Combs book back in the 90’s I thought it would be so cool to get it signed by Trey plus as many of the still living people featured in the “Great Anglers” section of the book. But sadly I never did and now most of those guys are gone.
Yeah a lot of the old timers are gone now.. I've been fly fishing for 25 plus years and unfortunately a lot of them are gone including one of my mentors Aaron Reimer!