Maxxon Widgeon raft?

doublespey

Let.It.Swing
Forum Supporter
Just a few thoughts since I own both a Maxxon raft and the Watermaster Kodiak. First, I really like Maxxon rafts and believe they're one of the best values on the market. I don't own the Widgeon but I've looked at it at the Lynnwood fly show a couple years ago. It seems like a great buy for the money, but if you look closely at the features you'll see a lot of xtras that are very useful on the Watermaster that are not on the Widgeon. For example, there are dual locking straps on both sides of the watermaster. You can use them to secure your oars if you're using fins to navigate, you can also use them to securely store your fully rigged and folded spey rods securely against the side of the raft. They also have conveniently located D loops around the raft for securing other items. The WIdgeon has that ribbon with eyelets, which is useful in it's own way but not a replacement for D rings IMO. Not sure how I feel about the elevated pins the oars sit on, the do provide a more optimal angle into the water but they also look more fragile than the pins on my Watermaster. Regarding water, I've floated my Watermaster down stretches of river with Class IV rapids. The key is to know your water. I didn't actually float thru the Class IV, I navigated in ankle deep shallows until that wasn't possible. Then I picked up the watermaster and portaged it around the rapids. The rest of that run was a piece of cake.

Jellymon

Steelhead
Thanks guys. I may just save up for the watermaster or go used. Every time I settle for a cheaper option I always regret it, sell it, and buy what I want eventually anyway. :ROFLMAO:

LBL

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
hey, if you’re interested I’ll have a Clearwater for sell in a few weeks.
I like the Clearwater so much I just bought another!
The one for sell had a zipper issue. Outcast is unbelievably responsive in its customer service. They looked up the serial # for me and yes, still under warranty. I just sent it back to the factory where it will be completely refurbished. I needed the boat for my sanity and the March opener so I bought another with the intention of selling this one when I get it back.
I think my actions speak to how satisfied I have been with the Clearwater and how troubled my addiction is to fear being without it.