Wanted Looking For a 3wt

Long_Rod_Silvers

Elder Millennial
Forum Supporter
Broke my 3wt and need to restock the quiver. If anyone has a decent 3wt they wouldn't mind parting with hit me up.
Ideally in the 8' range and ideally not a 2 piece.

mcswny

Legend
Forum Supporter
Broke my 3wt and need to restock the quiver. If anyone has a decent 3wt they wouldn't mind parting with hit me up.

Consider glass!

I picked up a 7’ 3wt ijuin yomogi and it is by far the most fun rod to cast and fish. Just puts a giant smile on my face everytime I use it.

Zak

Legend
I had tons of fun catching big bows on my Redington Classic Trout 3wt 8' 6-piece today. Overlined with a WF 4wt line, it shoots line nicely and loads at short distances. Great travel rod. If I were you, I would just get that new. Can't beat the price!

Merle

Roy’s cousin
Forum Supporter
Just did a quick internet search and looks like you can get the 4 piece Redington CT 386-4 on sale for $135.

That's the rod I have and it is an amazing rod for the price. Agree with what Zak says about over-lining it with a 4.

ffb

Chum Bucket
Forum Supporter
I really like the CT but not a fan of Redington in general anymore. I have the 8'6" 3wt, one of my favorite lighter weight rods, but the bottom half of the cork grip is lacking glue and spinning and squeaking on the blank. Have been putting off sending it in because of the 3-4 month repair time, maybe this winter.

Long_Rod_Silvers

Elder Millennial
Forum Supporter
I really like the CT but not a fan of Redington in general anymore.
I'm in the same boat. CT is a great rod. Far Bank.....not so great.

The rod that broke was an older sage FLi. Nothing crazy special, but it got the job done. And while it was a present from my wife (so there's a decent amount of sentimental value), I'm just kind of at the point where I'm frustrated enough with far bank that I'd rather not go their route if I don't have to. Not saying I wouldn't take someone up on a sweet LL or SPL (or something like that) if the opportunity presented itself. More so checking to see if there's anything out there before I decide if I'm going to fork over the exorbitant far bank (air quote) warranty (end air quote) cost.

Long_Rod_Silvers

Elder Millennial
Forum Supporter
Consider glass!

I picked up a 7’ 3wt ijuin yomogi and it is by far the most fun rod to cast and fish. Just puts a giant smile on my face everytime I use it.
I have. My challenge is that I know absolutely nothing about glass and who's out there making them to know what's a good deal and what's a rip off. If anyone wants to educate me - I'm all ears.

Zak

Legend
Just did a quick internet search and looks like you can get the 4 piece Redington CT 386-4 on sale for $135.

That's the rod I have and it is an amazing rod for the price. Agree with what Zak says about over-lining it with a 4.
Go for the 6 piece, though. It fits inside carryon luggage.

mcswny

Legend
Forum Supporter
I have. My challenge is that I know absolutely nothing about glass and who's out there making them to know what's a good deal and what's a rip off. If anyone wants to educate me - I'm all ears.
Honestly just depends on how much you want to spend.
A lot of people will tell you "it's just a 3wt" but 🤷‍♂️ ....

iveofione

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I had tons of fun catching big bows on my Redington Classic Trout 3wt 8' 6-piece today. Overlined with a WF 4wt line, it shoots line nicely and loads at short distances. Great travel rod. If I were you, I would just get that new. Can't beat the price!
I caught a shit load of 12''-14'' rainbows on my 3wt CT 8'6'' today. They were stout hard fighting and high jumping fish and an absolute ball on the little CT. I have 4 CT's and there isn't a clunker in the bunch. I use a 3wt GPX for dry flies and a 4wt for bead head flies like I used today.

TicTokCroc

Sunkist and Sudafed
I don't have a lot of trust in 4-6 piece rods, what happened to 2 pieces? I have been looking on different companies websites and they seem to be rare now.

Divad

Whitefish
First death was 1 piece, then 2, 3s were red headed step children from the get go, and everybody got a tickle for 4s compact form. I’d be happy as heck to see 1s make a comeback or 2s.

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
Here is one you might not see to often.
Anyone have interest in a 9’, 2pc, Sage RPL+ 3 wt? Has a sock but no tube. Would prefer not to ship. I’m in north Seattle.
SF