Lone Lake

dep

Steelhead
thinking of hitting this lake on Friday. more interested if the lake is infested in algae than reports (which are nice too!). hoping someone has some recent intel.
much appreciated.

thanks-dp

dep

Steelhead
never thought about that honestly. I'll take high tide over low tide.
plan on going Saturday

Bambooflyguy

Life of the Party
I haven’t fished Lone in years…..used to be my go to winter bobber lake until they took the weeds out and overstocked it with carp.

Irafly

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I haven’t fished Lone in years…..used to be my go to winter bobber lake until they took the weeds out and overstocked it with carp.
That’s when I met you there. The weeds made it a fairly consistent process to find fish. Find the edges of the Brazilian Elodea in 15’ of water, drop your bugs to depth and hook fish. The weeds left, which made it a bit more of a challenge, but the trout actually did quite well with it for quite awhile. There was a time for a few years where Lone was arguably one of the best Stillwater fisheries in the State, with multiple 50 plus fish days with fish averaging 18” and plenty of fish over 20”. Then the major die off happened and it killed the fishing for a season or two. It picked back up, but not quite to where it was before. Now there is weed growth again, but not the same weed growth. As such, the bass are making a come back but the lake is different than when the Elodea was in there. I imagine it will be another adjustment period while the trout and the fisherman adapt to the changing environment.

dep

Steelhead
hey folks: I ended up not fishing last week as home life is/was priority.
I have plenty of time to fish and my time was needed else where.

tight lines for 2024

Dave Boyle

Life of the Party
I went with my daughter today. A few small midges coming off that surprised me and the odd riser. Bloodworms and a sz 16 black and red snocone was the best fly. Fishing was very slow and the only boat on the loch. Cold front came in this pm and called it a day.

Dave

Roper

Idiot Savant, still
Forum Supporter
Shit, now I need to get off my ass when I get back from the ranch, pack my stuff up and go fishing for the first time in months. Thursday is best because the rod and gun club restaurant opens at noon.