Lake Howard & Martha

T

Tombraider

Was out looking in-between rain/snow today. Stopped by Lk Howard shocked to see this, wonder if planting will happen.

Attachments

• IMG_20220414_141648387.jpg
    IMG_20220414_141648387.jpg
    812.2 KB · Views: 37

Ceviche

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
It’s not the only one in the area. Martha is the same way. This isn’t good, as toxic algae is very rare there at Martha—and unheard of for this early in the year.

Old Man

Just a useless Old Man.
Forum Legend
I used to fish this lake quite regularly when I live half way close. Now it seems that all the small lakes in Washington are going to hell on the wet side of the state.

dflett68

Steelhead
It’s not the only one in the area. Martha is the same way. This isn’t good, as toxic algae is very rare there at Martha—and unheard of for this early in the year.
Inlet to Martha flows from Howard, at least that's how it looks on the map. I was at Martha last night - lots of algae and temps around 58.

Also a bunch of bait-fishers at the launch and a number of others on docks around the lake.

Ceviche

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Inlet to Martha flows from Howard, at least that's how it looks on the map. I was at Martha last night - lots of algae and temps around 58.

Also a bunch of bait-fishers at the launch and a number of others on docks around the lake.
I hope you mentioned the toxic algae sign to the bait fishers.

Or did you take a “cull the herd” attitude? ;)

dflett68

Steelhead
I hope you mentioned the toxic algae sign to the bait fishers.

Or did you take a “cull the herd” attitude? ;)
actually i felt kindof bad about that. that was not on my mind when i launched and while i pumped up my pontoons they landed a couple of stockers. it was not till i was down at the sw end of the lake that i put 2+2 together and realized i could have warned them if i had thought of it. i didn't notice a sign, but i wasn't looking. btw, shouldn't there also be a sign indicating it's a selective fishery?

T

Tombraider

Call 911 or mill Creek. I talked with game warden there Saturday on this. Told her same on ki boat launch about dark. Or tell the offenders of their wrong doing.

Shaker Jake

Smolt
Forum Supporter
actually i felt kindof bad about that. that was not on my mind when i launched and while i pumped up my pontoons they landed a couple of stockers. it was not till i was down at the sw end of the lake that i put 2+2 together and realized i could have warned them if i had thought of it. i didn't notice a sign, but i wasn't looking. btw, shouldn't there also be a sign indicating it's a selective fishery?
There is a sign. The Evergreen Fly Club installed one on the message board when rules were changed. Folks are just “selective” readers.

Ceviche

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Both signs are there but not posted where people are most likely to see them. That big board needs to be moved right down to where the boat launch is.

T

Tombraider

I will have a look. Can't recall seeing one, I look in book before i fish.

T

Tombraider

Had a look. Should be another at launch.

Attachments

• IMG_20220426_131022124.jpg
    IMG_20220426_131022124.jpg
    831.2 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_20220426_131036314.jpg
    IMG_20220426_131036314.jpg
    517.1 KB · Views: 36
T

Tombraider

Howard flows into Martha. Both have the ick. I wish Martha was a release all trout lake.

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
Reactions: BCO

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
Some of the best, big fish lakes are non selective fisheries. C & R fisheries don’t necessarily equate to big fish all the time.
SF

T

Tombraider

More Martha, took a rip on the bike. Hit some lakes, was a guy at Martha with his kid at the launch. Kid was swimming, maybe 5-6 old brr. Dad had a pole out fishing on bottom. Filled him in, sign on board. He pulled his gear ASAP. Told him to go to crab apple.