Kenai Lodges - pet friendly - Juneish in AK

flybill

Life of the Party
Looking for options for a few friends who want to fish this area, myself included. Am doing some research, but looking for recommendations.

I'll be up there for a week or two..

Has anyone done trips, DIY or otherwise up there? I've been on the Kenai Pennisula a long time ago but didn't fish. I had a half day halibut / salmon trip booked but it was cancelled due to giant swells on a nice day.

So I would love any suggestions? Will be taking some newer fly fisher people up! Build a rod for my dear friend Maryann too!

Thanks in advance!!

G_Smolt

Legend
The Kenai (and virtually all fishable rivers on the peninsula) open June 11th.
There are an absolute SHITPILE of rentals thru VRBO / AirBNB / other available, from Cooper Landing to Kenai.
Several places rent watercraft suitable/legal for the Upper, Middle, or Lower Kenai, depending on your preference.
Some places even rent saltwater boats as well.

June is sockeye season, and June 15-July 15 is arguably the busiest 30 days of the year on the big blue ditch. Boat traffic 24hrs-a-day-type busy.

While there are a ton of lodges/guides on the KP, it is one of the easier DIY destinations in the universe.

MT406

Steelhead
My wife and I did a trip a few years ago. We debated on a lodge, but we didn’t want to be confined to a particular area for the duration of our trip. We rented a fully converted sprinter van and spent the next two weeks going up and down the Kenai fishing. Not sure how adventurous or fishy your group is, but it was nice to be mobile. If a lodge suits your needs, check out All Alaska. We did a fly out for silvers and a charted a boat for Rock & Halibut.

IMG_0060.jpegIMG_0062.jpegIMG_1871.jpegIMG_1849.jpegIMG_1779.jpegIMG_1738.jpegIMG_1736.jpegIMG_1698.jpegIMG_1638.jpegIMG_1617.jpegDSC_0838.jpeg