Imagine this catch.

Ernie

If not this, then what?
Forum Supporter
Not fly fishing, but an amazing video.
If you get excited when a fish jumps on the end of your line, imagine a marlin on while you’re in a kayak.
78F20475-4E3B-450B-8E87-44C7667773DD.jpeg

Link doesn't work, but I'm pretty sure it's Adam Fisk.

He's the head guide and ops manager at Los Buzos Panama.

Some people do take fly gear down there. You can see all kinds of footage from down there on Adam Fisk and Field Trips with Robert Field's youtube channels.

Ernie

If not this, then what?
Forum Supporter
Link doesn't work, but I'm pretty sure it's Adam Fisk.

He's the head guide and ops manager at Los Buzos Panama.

Some people do take fly gear down there. You can see all kinds of footage from down there on Adam Fisk and Field Trips with Robert Field's youtube channels.
It is Adam Fisk, I tested this title in youTube and it came up. Thanks for the info about other footage.

wanderingrichard

Life of the Party
Not fly fishing, but an amazing video.
If you get excited when a fish jumps on the end of your line, imagine a marlin on while you’re in a kayak.
View attachment 16480
Adam isn't the first kayak fisherman to be towed by a marlin. It's happened to Howard McKim, Jon Shein, and Jim Summons, too.

Honestly, this video had me worried because when you're hooked up solid like that on a 'yak, it starts getting dangerous the longer you go.

Anyone remember the Uyeda brothers from AquaHunters in Hawaii and the marlin that came back at them at 10 miles out?? They came very close to being severely injured as well as sunk.

I'm glad he had the support of another vessel and they were finally able to release the fish. A great story that had the makings of a tragic disaster hanging over it.

Adam isn't the first kayak fisherman to be towed by a marlin. It's happened to Howard McKim, Jon Shein, and Jim Summons, too.

Honestly, this video had me worried because when you're hooked up solid like that on a 'yak, it starts getting dangerous the longer you go.

Anyone remember the Uyeda brothers from AquaHunters in Hawaii and the marlin that came back at them at 10 miles out?? They came very close to being severely injured as well as sunk.

I'm glad he had the support of another vessel and they were finally able to release the fish. A great story that had the makings of a tragic disaster hanging over it.

No one claimed he was the first to catch one. I think you mean Jim Sammons from So Cal (that helped design the Jackson Kraken kayak).

Doesn't make it any less amazing regardless of who was first or last frankly.

Paige

Wishing I was fishing the Sauk
Absolutely disgusting, I FUCKING hate this bull shit. There is absolutely nothing sporting about this as they released a fish they played for 6hrs.
Oh I'm sure it lived, that's sarcasm by the way.

Read an artical on my flight home from Costa Rica about guys looking for new word records using 6lb test, playing fish for 6 hrs, they atleast killed the fish but after how much suffering and trauma.
Playem hard and quick, no sense in torturing the fish for hrs.
Truly disgusting on both!

wanderingrichard

Life of the Party
No one claimed he was the first to catch one. I think you mean Jim Sammons from So Cal (that helped design the Jackson Kraken kayak).

Doesn't make it any less amazing regardless of who was first or last frankly.
Yep did mean Sammons . Have to fight an out of control auto correct just about every post.

FishyJere

Nee Jerry Metcalf
Forum Supporter
Wet Pants.

I've caught these on a fly from a Panga and a dryness check was necessary.

dirty dog

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I was thinking about fly fishing from my float tube in the Bahamas.
Then I remembered all the big sharks that swam around or even some of the small sharks that would come looking for an easy meal when I released a bone fish.
I remember a movie once that had a line that said "We are gonna need a bigger boat"