Canuck from Kansas

Aimlessly wondering through life
Forum Supporter
Seems awfully coincidental the a fellow named "Wolf" is a co-author on this:

Cheers

Old Man

Just a useless Old Man.
Forum Legend
The government should just stay out of wilding the west and concentrate on rebuilding the Salmon and Steelhead runs. That would make a lot of people very happy. They introduced the wolf into Yellowstone and now they are expanding out of the park and killing sheep just because they are here. I met a rancher that was shooting some wolves because they were killing sheep.

gpt

Smolt
people have gotten lazy and cheap. they graze their sheep and cattle on land that all of us own and pay virtually nothing. then they complain about wolves killings their stock. maybe they need to move their stock our of wolf territory. pretty simple solution but they won't do that because it costs them money.

nwbobber

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
If you want to raise beef ar sheep, do it on your own land. We did and the government did not need to help us in any way. Grazing a cow calf pair for in the neighborhood of 20 dollars a season is corporate welfare, plain and simple.
If the wind blows a tree onto my house I better have insurance or I'm paying for it. Same goes for wild fungus rotting the timbers in my house and barn. If you can't protect your sheep from wildlife, do something else for a living. Don't expect me to support an effort to change the world to let you have an easier time running your business.
I'm a hunter, or used to be. Sheep and cows eat the same food that elk, and pronghorn do. They also spread diseases that wildlife are vulnerable to. If I see these subsidized vermin where I'm trying to hunt, I have to go somewhere else, because the wildlife will generally leave. I pay more for my tags and license than ranchers do to graze their animals there. Believe me, that pisses me off.
I will gladly live in a world where wolves and other predators take their natural toll on wildlife, and it will achieve a balance that will benefit the health of their prey, as it always has, if it is allowed to. I will always advocate for business owners to be responsible for their own businesses, and if they can't make it, well, survival of the fittest...