clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
crushin' nates...

M9HtblT.jpg

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
Now I regret not taking a picture of that 20" yellow bellied sucker that I caught off the boat ramp at Beavertail last weekend.
Yeah, but were you bass fishin'? Although these days, might not be a bad idea that far up in the summer anyway...

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
Clarkman and Evan are holding fishes that don't swim around my neck of the woods. What are they? Targetable? Cool fish!

Those yellow perch would have gone in the creel.......tasty guys.
Northern Pikeminnow. They're actually native. Definitely targetable but they fight like shit. They do hit hard though. They can get pretty big as well....I've caught a couple of legit 24" on 9" flies targeting tiger muskies.

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
Northern Pikeminnow. They're actually native. Definitely targetable but they fight like shit. They do hit hard though. They can get pretty big as well....I've caught a couple of legit 24" on 9" flies targeting tiger muskies.
Yeah they hit super hard and that first few seconds can be pretty exciting. Then you pull them in.

When I lived in Redmond, WA years ago, I used to walk over to the Sammamish Slough near my apartment and strip streamers for them. It was actually a ton of fun. Caught some big ones too.

PhilR

IDK Man
Forum Supporter

longputt

Steelhead
I was fishing for LMB in Banks and caught a Tench...I had no idea what it was and spaced out on a picture. It hit a large wooly bugger.

I googled Tench once I figured out what it was: "...great food quality much like a carp..." it was a UK website!