SFR Hood Canal or Carribean?

Sorta fishing-related

Clean Willy

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I've lived here my whole life and been along Hood Canal dozens if not hundreds of times and I don't recall ever seeing it this color. The picture doesn't do it justice and it was more intense a couple of days before when the sun was out and it was calm. Reminded me very much of the USVI.

Wondering what is causing this?

h.jpg

Jake Watrous

Legend
Forum Supporter
I've lived here my whole life and been along Hood Canal dozens if not hundreds of times and I don't recall ever seeing it this color. The picture doesn't do it justice and it was more intense a couple of days before when the sun was out and it was calm. Reminded me very much of the USVI.

View attachment 72709
Might be coccolithophorids whose skeletons(?) are made of calcium carbonate (chalk).

Mossback

Fear My Powerful Emojis 😆
Forum Supporter

krusty

We're on the Road to Nowhere...
Forum Supporter
You getta enjoy a tropical cruise ship experience without the benefits of norovirus! No vomiting, explosive diarrhea, or bullshit formal wear 'captain's dinners' trussed up like a Thanksgiving turkey in a monkey suit.

Don't worry...we're on the way to the end of of the Anthropocene....both you and I will be dust long before the shit hits the fan for our species! Enjoy!

And referring to the Hood Canal as a a famous 'fjord' is just hilarious!

Last edited:

wanderingrichard

Life of the Party

View attachment 72709
Pack up and go to USVI. Sounds like your subconscious is saying u need a change

Porter2

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Take the warm water set up and nail yourself some silver bonefish action this year when it looks like that and look the part 😉

Salmo_g

Legend
Forum Supporter
I thought the thread title implied a choice between the two. This time of the year I was going to suggest Hood Canal by all means. It's too hot and humid in the Caribbean at this time of the year.