Hiking boots and a bit more

Porter2

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I have been a Merrel Moab and Salomon hiking boot fan for a couple of decades plus now. Two years ago I was in Central Oregon a tad south of the SunRiver Resort area. We got caught in a winter storm after the week preceding being in the low to mid 70’s. The second day there with 20° night time highs and snow piling on us I drove the family to REI in bend to get some more appropriate gear for our next 4-5 days of spring snow adventure. Out of this came to date my favorite hiking boots. Not that I have ever had any bad hiking boots (other than a Coleman pair 😉).

So after today I believe these are the best to date I have had (albeit two years old). But they have about 80-90 plus mile on them in some nasty conditions for 80% of those miles. Comfortable, nice toe box, accommodates medium and thick socks easily, good laces, and grommets (a mix of string cloth and metal, better water resistant than any previous shoes… I have had keens sandals for 30+ years and have had no issues. Never gave them a thought on hiking boots. But they seem tough and durable. For some reason until a couple years ago and due to lack of sizes in other boots I went with these keens. I’m loving them First pair are Keens. Wife has Salomon’s next to them . Rinsed and at fire place after a muddy dandy hike. 😉 IMG_3945.jpeg