Heavy weather enroute

Status
Not open for further replies.

kerrys

Ignored Member
Pretty soon after the snow and ice melts away, people will post about the rain and flooding.

The heat wave will follow and so will the tales.

The weather has weathered many people.
Sort of seems like this is what people do. What a revelation.

JayB

Steelhead
I’m completely sold on Blizzak snow tires- our ten year old Forester does really well with them. Probably not on that Portland hill in your previous post
Used to run Michelin Xice2's and have come to the highly scientific opinion that any modern snow tire is light years better than just about any all season tire.

I think at least part of the reason that the "lifted truck in the ditch" has become such a snow-day trope is that most aggressive off-road/mud-terrain tires with big, fat, un-siped treadblocks look like they'll deliver loads of extra grip but actually horrible on compact snow/ice.

Combine that with overly aggressive driving and...voila...the Prius with snow tires is zipping past the sad dudebro in the ditch huddling in shame beneath his "Calvin-peeing-on-the-Chevy-or-Ford sticker" and trying to avoid making eye contact with the passing motorists...

Brian Miller

Be vewy vewy quiet, I'm hunting Cutthwoat Twout
Forum Supporter
It's always been climate change. Sorry you followed the fake news media's buzz words and not the scientific literature, bud.
Are you sure about that?
"global warming became the dominant popular term in June 1988, when NASA scientist James E. Hansen had testified to Congress about climate, specifically referring to global warming. He said: "global warming has reached a level such that we can ascribe with a high degree of confidence a cause and effect relationship between the greenhouse effect and the observed warming."4 Hansen's testimony was very widely reported in popular and business media, and after that popular use of the term global warming exploded."

(bud??? probably not how to make friends and influence people)

Dustin Chromers

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter

It's always been climate change. Sorry you followed the fake news media's buzz words and not the scientific literature, bud.

It was global warming all through my school years. I don't believe my grade school and high school teachers were fake news. Sorry, you can't rewrite what was no matter how many articles you cite or condescending you want to be.... Bud.

Reactions: Zak

cody-

Steelhead
Are you sure about that?
"global warming became the dominant popular term in June 1988, when NASA scientist James E. Hansen had testified to Congress about climate, specifically referring to global warming. He said: "global warming has reached a level such that we can ascribe with a high degree of confidence a cause and effect relationship between the greenhouse effect and the observed warming."4 Hansen's testimony was very widely reported in popular an business media, and after that popular use of the term global warming exploded."

(bud??? probably not how to make friends and influence people)
Yeah, dipshit. Did you miss the paragraphs before that when they said climate modification entered the lexicon first and remained the preferred term by the scientific literature while global warming was adopted by the "popular and business media"

cody-

Steelhead
It was global warming all through my school years. I don't believe my grade school and high school teachers were fake news. Sorry, you can't rewrite what was no matter how many articles you cite or condescending you want to be.... Bud.
You're grade school teachers have associates degrees from community colleges.

Dustin Chromers

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter

Your arguing from a place of authority on something that isn't appropriate and I'm not really into arguing with you over something I actually experienced. I asserted "global warming" was the preferred vernacular years ago. You are literally saying, "no it was always climate change you didn't experience that and anyone of merit didn't say that." It's a silly argument that I'm not going to have here. Some of us are over 25 and still have a functional memory. You can't change the past no matter how much you want to or try to support it with citations.

But good on you deriding educators. That's cool.

Dustin Chromers

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Yeah, dipshit. Did you miss the paragraphs before that when they said climate modification entered the lexicon first and remained the preferred term by the scientific literature while global warming was adopted by the "popular and business media"

You're so compelling with your debate. Straight to name calling. Where did you get your climatology degree since you feel that's what it takes to weigh in here.

Who else will be at the recieving end of your dull intellect and sharp tongue? Journalists? They wrote articles with the "global warming" term in them. Who else will fall prey to your spoon and sickel?

Dustin Chromers

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Preferred by whom?

You're behaving like a belligerent clown. Have fun with that.... Bud.

Did you actually quote yourself? I love it. Maybe moderate over the holidays.

O' Clarkii Stomias

Landlocked Atlantic Salmon
Forum Supporter
Used to run Michelin Xice2's and have come to the highly scientific opinion that any modern snow tire is light years better than just about any all season tire.

I think at least part of the reason that the "lifted truck in the ditch" has become such a snow-day trope is that most aggressive off-road/mud-terrain tires with big, fat, un-siped treadblocks look like they'll deliver loads of extra grip but actually horrible on compact snow/ice.

Combine that with overly aggressive driving and...voila...the Prius with snow tires is zipping past the sad dudebro in the ditch huddling in shame beneath his "Calvin-peeing-on-the-Chevy-or-Ford sticker" and trying to avoid making eye contact with the passing motorists...
Funny, I see way more Euro SUVs in the ditch than I do "lifted trucks".

Brian Miller

Be vewy vewy quiet, I'm hunting Cutthwoat Twout
Forum Supporter
So now you're resorting to calling me names... childish.
Could use a little remedial grammer school English

Last edited:

Peyton00

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
JayB nailed the center bullseye.

If there ever is a stereotype.....its the knucklehead in the big truck with the small tool driving like an idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.