Griddle Gang

jaredoconnor

Peabrain Chub
Forum Supporter
I just got my first proper griddle. I no longer eat non-griddle foods.

Who else has a griddle? Any interesting recipes or techniques to share?

I am particularly interested in cleaning techniques. My approach has been to use half a tree, every time. Doesn’t seem like the most sustainable solution.

My first cook was steak, zucchini and bell peppers. Just cooked eggs, bacon and pancakes. I ordered a “griddle dome” and plan use it for steaming broccoli, to accompany teriyaki chicken and rice.

Last edited:

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
I got one over christmas and have yet to set it up. Now that the weather is improving, I suspect it's time to get rolling on that.

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter
Smash burgers might be the best thing to come off a griddle, ever.

iveofione

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I have an indoor and an outdoor model and like them both. Bacon, eggs and hash browns are my most often cooked inside and smash burgers the favorite outside. A great tool for searing steaks right out of the sous vide bath also.

To clean both of them I boil off anything left with a spray bottle of water, scrape the surface clean and finish with a paper towel. I do this immediately after cooking and don't allow the griddle to cool first.

Once dry a tiny spritz of oil rubbed into the surface preps it for the next cook.

SurfnFish

Legend
Forum Supporter
kind of a griddle hack, we use a Cuisinart Classic round waffle maker for sandwiches, throw whatever in between two pieces of bread and in they go, come out as crispy, or not, as desired

wanderingrichard

Life of the Party
Fajitas. Everything including the tortillas can be done on one.

Since we added the griddle plate to the Ninja Woodfire, it's just handwash in warm soapy water. Our cast iron griddle seldom gets used any more , but treat it like any other cast iron cooking surface.

Last edited: