Good Euro Nymphing information...

SurfnFish

Legend
Forum Supporter
My son wants to get into Euro style, so sent him this article from Jeff Perrin at The Flyshop in Sisters on gearing up, so thought I'd post it as well. Likely ho-hum for the knowledgeable, perhaps helpful for the not so much, as myself.

Matt Paluch

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
My son wants to get into Euro style, so sent him this article from Jeff Perrin at The Flyshop in Sisters on gearing up, so thought I'd post it as well. Likely ho-hum for the knowledgeable, perhaps helpful for the not so much, as myself.

Jeff is a great guy, and one of the best to learn from.

SurfnFish

Legend
Forum Supporter
Jeff is a great guy, and one of the best to learn from.
around 25 years ago, during our first fly fishing trip to the Bend area, my wife and I wandered into his shop to buy some flies (and where do you think is a good place to use them?)...after a friendly chat with Jeff, he sat at the counter and drew a detailed map to a place we would never have found by ourselves, where we enjoyed some wonderful dry action...only a genuinely good person would take the time to do that for two strangers.

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
Good article.

Euro is cool and catches fish for sure. But I find casting mono rigs to be just awful. Takes some of the enjoyment out of fly fishing for me. Now, some days that's made up for by the increased catch numbers. But more often the fishing isn't about the catching for me and I'd rather not be fighting my casting all the time.

Different strokes for different folks and different days, I guess. All depends on what you feel like doing when you load up for the river.

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
Updated the thread title.